How do you track steps (Apple watch)?

I've followed the instructions given to sync your Apple products with Fitness Pal and it's not working. Also, this app does not track steps, only time and I have no idea what time to use. I've opened a Support ticket but they don't seem very responsive or if they do write back, it's a canned answer, like they aren't really reading the problem. Does anyone have any tips? I don't want to have to purchase yet another app or a Fitbit so that Fitness Pal recognizes it. Thank you. I'm getting discouraged because according to this app, I'm not doing anything.

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Apple Watch and MFP don’t play nicely with each other. I got an Apple Watch early March and someone suggested downloading Pacer (free version works) and syncing that to Apple Health to that, and also to MFP. I’ve done that & it’s worked out well. Change your activity level in MFP to “not very active” or your adjustment will be too high.
    It will show the entire “Move” calories from Apple Watch. After you run, walk, lift, whatever you do....open the Pacer app and sync to MFP.
    When you open MFP, you’ll see adjustment from Pacer, and also Apple Health. Delete the Apple Health adjustment bc it will double your adjustment otherwise. Once you sync again, the calorie adjustment will be correct.
  • justwants2travel
    justwants2travel Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks so much Talan!! At least I won't waste any more time trying to get it to work.