Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    just a little something to take the edge off
    cqu4jxfvnd4e.jpeg

You know I want to try this, right?!
    For real
    With a shake of hot sauce, I'm thinking

coke, crunchy chocolate, cayenne - sounds delicious to me...who the *kitten* decided milk was the way to eat cereal?

Milk is gross

Got me wondering now
    ...why arent bourbon cheerios a thing?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Porridge🤤 everyday.. never get sick of it

Jo, I love you - but wanted to disagree...except I need to know how you make it? Is it soupy slop, or cookie dough texture?

I don't eat cereal except from the box dry (at my moms), but I bought some oatmeal recently and want to like it - but havent bothered to try it...too many more appealing foods to eat.

Want to learn how to make granola with oats
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats and anything with granola and almonds. Special K strawberry. I put very little milk on mine though. I can’t have any milk left in the bowl when I’m done.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Porridge🤤 everyday.. never get sick of it

Jo, I love you - but wanted to disagree...except I need to know how you make it? Is it soupy slop, or cookie dough texture?

I don't eat cereal except from the box dry (at my moms), but I bought some oatmeal recently and want to like it - but havent bothered to try it...too many more appealing foods to eat.

Want to learn how to make granola with oats

I love porridge.. I buy the portioned hi fibre quick oats sachets.. 3/4 cup of skim milk in a small plastic microwave bowl stir in the oats, zap for 90secs ( microwaves differ though)
    Then stir in 1 tspn of brown sugar. Done.

When I used to make it with real oats on the stove, I always made it with milk and served with a splash more milk ontop once it's in the bowl and then brown sugar..

It really is trial and error and also depends on the calories you've got to spend on it.. lots make it on water but I don't like it like that.
    Lots of variations , people put different fruits and nuts in it too.. the possibilities are endless.
    The good thing is it keeps you full for ages..
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I haven’t eaten cereal in quite a while. This thread motivated me to buy some Frosted Flakes today. I’m going to have it as a treat. Can’t wait!