Looking for advice after Insanity

Options
So I'm totally lost and looking for advice and opinions. I just did the first day of week 1 of Jillian Michaels Ripped In 30. Normally this video would have kicked my butt and left me feeling like I worked so hard. Doing this after finishing Insanity is a different story. I know I worked hard because I felt my muscles working, I'm sweating and I could feel my heartbeat going up but it felt soooooo much easier and almost like I wasn't working (even though I know I was) I'm thinking I should just stick with it the full 30 days (4 weeks each week getting harder) and then do my second round of Insanity. I'm just worried maybe it's not enough and I won't see results and will regress. I didn't want to do Insanity round 2 right after the first round because I feel my body was a little exhausted and needed a slight change for a little while. Any thoughts? I can't wait to save up and buy Insanity Aslyum to totally kick it up a notch one day.

Replies

• bobbystrongarm
    Options
    Do you have access to weights, equipment, or a gym?

IMO even though the new dvd you are doing isn't kicking your butt like insanity did, the exercises are very similar. If you keep at it you will get accustomed to it, results will slow, things wont be so easily measurable.

Weight training is great because it will give you measurable results through increasing weight, sets, or repetitions. Even something like p90x using dumbbells and resistance bands will be a good switch from Insanity. A bit of strength training would perfectly compliment another round of Insanity, cycling through these routines is a sure fire way to a full body recomposition.
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    I don't really have the money to buy p90x right now but would love to sometime in the future maybe. I might look into local gyms just to have access to more weights and the equipment. The only weights I have at home are dumbbell hand weights.
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    Wait, you're asking what to do after Insanity, but you didn't do the 2nd round?

Do the 2nd round

Your body should be exhausted after the 1st round. That's the point. 2nd round should get you to walk funny and hate your life. That's when the fun begins.

Once you fully complete Insanity, do 2-3 of the workouts in one sitting if you want to increase intensity/endurance.

Asylum does look fun!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Asylum
  • japar
    japar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Agree with emc (1st part). Move on to Month 2 of Insanity - same principles apply (it is as hard as you make it - your body will do what it can, not much more). I still use the Month 2 (Max) workouts on my off weight training days - it is a great calorie burn exercise that also taxes your upper body. The Jillian thing is probably fine after you "really" finish Insanity, as it is probably good to keep our bodies' guessing. Good luck and have fun!
  • martz29
    martz29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I read "round 2" as doing the complete program again? As in, already completed the program once (month 1 AND month 2) but wants to do something else before completing the whole program again?