Re-Start. 100+ pounds to Lose.

Options
I had lost 60 pounds years ago using both calorie counting and 5:2 fasting, but then I got pregnant. During breastfeeding I actually gained 30 pounds, then I gained another 30 pounds over the next year, having gained it all back. I started 5:2 and lost 15 pounds... and then got pregnant again. Since my second child was born I started gaining again. But I also felt awful. My energy levels kept lowering, I had trouble getting moving, overall I was just miserable. And I kept gaining. I have gained another 30 pounds since giving birth over the past 3 years.

Finally this January I started having abdominal pain and I went to the doctor. It turns out I had gallstones... and also uncontrolled Hashimoto's. (I already knew I had PCOS, which I suspected was the cause, but happily it seems to not be the culprit this time!) I first had to get my TSH to normal, then had my gallbladder removed-- RIGHT before the hospital's closed to non-emergency cases.

In the hospital and the intervening few weeks I lost like 7 pounds. Also, now my husband has been diagnosed with diabetes so we HAVE to eat healthier as a family. I'm making tons of grilled chicken and vegetables... but when I went and weighed myself yesterday morning I'd gained 2 more pounds. Now I'm having my period so it may be bloating, but I decided that's the last straw and I really need to launch into this.

With little kids the 5:2 seems more daunting, but I've decided to do normal intermittent fasting. Today was my first fast and I fasted 15 hours-- I'd set 14:10 as my goal so I exceeded it by an hour. In addition I'm calorie counting again. I've also been trying to exercise but when I was trying to stretch this morning my children climbed all over me so I may have to wait until they're in bed.

Overall I have 95ish pounds to lose before I'm back down to my previous lowest, but that wasn't yet my ideal weight, so I would like to lose over 100.

I'll come back and update this thread on my journey. Please friend me if you'd like.

Replies

• facet1011
    facet1011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m also looking to lose 100 lbs (138 lbs) and always happy to get to know others on the same journey!
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey!
  • SingingPilgrim
    SingingPilgrim Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my check-in. I've lost a total 15.8 pounds (7 kgs) since my gallbladder removal surgery!
  • SingingPilgrim
    Options
    I've lost another pound! That's 5 pounds lost in 2 weeks of intermittent fasting (I'd lost 11 pounds before starting IF).Total of 7.5 kgs down.
  • rawrrgenn
    rawrrgenn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have about 100lbs to lose. Anyone active on here can add me too!
  • stormy_destiny
    stormy_destiny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 100+ feel free to add me too!
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Iv got 109lb to loose feel free to add me
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Any of you are welcome to add me! I still have at least 100lbs to lose and I log in every day.
  • SingingPilgrim
    Options
    Update!

I've lost a total of 22.7 pounds (10.3) kgs! Basically 11 after the gallbladder surgery and 11 from intermittent fasting so far. Which I'm loving and am finding easy!