Nearly two months of working out, zero results. Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I just want to add, because most of us are recommending strength training and gyms are closed...I'm following Sydney Cummings on YouTube and she just started a 30 day May challenge yesterday. Her workouts are very balanced and include stretching. You only need minimal equipment and she even suggests finding heavy objects around the house(like water bottles or kitty litter) if you don't have dumbbells.
  • lionrevolt
    lionrevolt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just want to add, because most of us are recommending strength training and gyms are closed...I'm following Sydney Cummings on YouTube and she just started a 30 day May challenge yesterday. Her workouts are very balanced and include stretching. You only need minimal equipment and she even suggests finding heavy objects around the house(like water bottles or kitty litter) if you don't have dumbbells.

I was doing her workouts the first month and I enjoyed them but it was pretty hit or miss. Some workouts I felt challenged, others I felt like I didn’t really feel any kind of burn on my body. Maybe I’ll try her out again though, thanks!
  • lionrevolt
    lionrevolt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think part if it is that she has recovery built into the week. That's why the intensity, time, and muscle groups vary from day to day. If it is an easy day, you can always add a little more light cardio. I would hesitate to add more strength, because you might do something she duplicates the next day and then you would not get the muscle recovery that you are needing.

Great advice! I didn’t know her workouts were set up as a 7 day package. I thought she just uploaded a shitload of videos. That makes much more sense now. Thanks!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    It's actually a 30 day challenge for May. She uploads the next workout every morning at 5am. If you go to her website, you can buy the calendar, and then you could see how all of the workouts are planned out. But I don't want to pay, so I just wait to see what comes each morning.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Add some fun to your workout. Take up shadow boxing or swimming. I like jump rope. It gives you a day of training rest and variety of muscles used.

I'm a big fan of calisthenics for core toning. Worth the research if your flabby but not needing to lose fat.