Why has this happened?

x_kayla_x
x_kayla_x Posts: 5 Member
Hi All

I have been pretty unhealthy/lazy/stressed over the last year and my weight has shot up.

over the last 4 weeks I have lowered my calories and taken up running, loosing 2kg which was great. However, last week I started incorporating bodyweight circuit training and my weight has suddenly shot up, I now weigh more than before! I have weighed myself consistently for 5 days, and it just seems to be going up, even though my calories remain in the defecit range and I am weighing my food etc.

I have used MFP with great results in the past, the weight normally drops off me quite fast. I have lost 2cm from my belly and my measurements are slowly going down, I just don't understand how my weight can jump back up almost overnight when I haven't changed my eating. I know people can say to ignore the number of the scale, but would excercising really increase my weight so suddenly? I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, as it's horrible to see that I now weigh more than I did when I started this journey

Many thanks 😊

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Concur--if you're logging correctly, then it's water weight from new exercise (Muscles need water to repair). Wait at least 2 weeks to evaluate.
  • x_kayla_x
    x_kayla_x Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you both, that's reassuring. I will stay away from the scale and see where I am in a couple of weeks
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Also.... read some of the when should I weigh myself threats....

Look into weight trend applications and web sites