Who else is happy with this lockdown thingy?🤔

Options
2»

Replies

• swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am an introvert also and I hate this. Being an introvert doesn't mean you don't want to see people ever. I have been isolated since March 14th and I live alone. Thankfully I am still working from home so at least I have something to focus on and I'm still getting paid (for now). I miss the option to go out and do things with friends, or even get out and do things by myself. I used to like going to movies or shopping alone, for example. I'm sure I'm handling it better than extroverted people but this would never be my choice.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ME! I am living my best life possible. Apart from the kids not going to school and us having to homeschool our 10 year old (somewhat unsuccessfully), I am having the best time ever. I love every second of staying at home and not having to be around people constantly. I'm going to be super-depressed when I have to work in an office again. (I do desperately miss the gym and going to the movies, though) I still do everything I would have normally done as far as going to the stores and things like that.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I think happiness is a choice we can make each and every day. Whether it's a lockdown or a hoedown, we decide if we want to be happy. It's a powerful thing.

* insert your favorite Ho-Down joke here.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    In a year from now, if I haven't been exposed and died because of some selfish bare-faced jerk in the market, I will be quite happy to be accused of having over-reaacted today.

our company has been on work-at-home since march 17th, and we're told to expect it to stay this way thru june, maybe longer. our owner is in Italy, and giving us all the news of what to expect.

this recent wave of back to work orders around the company is going to bite alot of folks hard; it is n't going to be easy to watch this take place.

my heart bleeds for every one of the THOUSANDS who have died so far, in such a short time.

this whole thing just stinks.

be safe as you can.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    q8r1exkdac2d.jpeg

?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's been all sorts of inconvenient.

That being said, I do think some people are overreacting to it. A lot.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I live in a very rural area, and i'm sort of an introvert to begin with, with that said, it's still very strange when I do go out and see everyone, myself included, wearing a face mask, like WTF! Very sci-fi, am I happy, no, it's weird. There is the postive to the face mask and no one knowing who's who and stopping to have conversations when in reality you'd rather not. lol. Plus, the mask hides so much, we all look like Hannibal Lecktor. (sp) I don't mind though, if it keeps someone from getting ill because I may be asymptomatic. It's a no brainer. ;)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I think happiness is a choice we can make each and every day. Whether it's a lockdown or a hoedown, we decide if we want to be happy. It's a powerful thing.

* insert your favorite Ho-Down joke here.

I like the Whose Line is it Anyway? Hoe downs? :)

Honestly, I haven't been in any kind of lickdown.

I still have to go to work every day and I go walking at night for exercise. (I have no life.)

I'm barely home.
  • kool_0wl
    kool_0wl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The only thing that is nice about this lockdown is no more school shooting .
    It just might have saved a lot of kids lives .
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    No...... *kitten* No.

If you want to stay home when this *kitten*Show is over, then by all means, stay home.
    Stay home now, stay home then.... stay alone when ever you like; no worries. Freedom of Choice.

I'm not going to look for the bright side when there is financial devastation, along with a mental health crisis triggered by the pandemic.

Also, and not directed at anyone specifically here or anywhere else .... but if you applaud the pandemic and it's ramifications for any reason, then there is no limits to your narcissism.

As for the planet, it was around for a very, very long time before us, and it will be around for a very long time after we're all gone. The planet is just fine.

Rant Over / *kitten * this pandemic.

I'm an introvert who has been working from home for 9 years and haven't belonged to a gym for 4 years, and my external life hasn't changed much.

However, my stress level has gone through the roof. I especially worry about my 82 year old mother.

And then there's the shortages...those hit me hard psychologically for some reason. First toilet paper, and so on. Most recently I was having a hard time finding my brand of cat food.

I'm almost grateful for the murder hornets to add some levity. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/44973024/#Comment_44973024
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I could have sworn i read somewhere the mortality rate this year is lower than the previous years. It could have been a satirical article though.

According to the LATimes and the WSJ, automobile accident rates are down by 50% and deaths due to accidents are down by 40%. They did NOT say if that was an equivalent amount to those dying from the COVID-19 virus, but a benefit of the government lockdown. Per the National Safety Council, there were 39,404 deaths in 2018, so we can do the math if the death rate drops 40% for 2 months (17%) of the year. Somewhere around 3,000 less auto related deaths in the last 2 months.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    I could have sworn i read somewhere the mortality rate this year is lower than the previous years. It could have been a satirical article though.

According to the LATimes and the WSJ, automobile accident rates are down by 50% and deaths due to accidents are down by 40%. They did NOT say if that was an equivalent amount to those dying from the COVID-19 virus, but a benefit of the government lockdown. Per the National Safety Council, there were 39,404 deaths in 2018, so we can do the math if the death rate drops 40% for 2 months (17%) of the year. Somewhere around 3,000 less auto related deaths in the last 2 months.

How many more killed by lockdown than would have died if no lockdown. For instance the guy who went to the hospital emergency room for leukemia (symptoms fever, weakness, some nausea), was put in a corona unit, never treated, and died a few hours later.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    (...) Somebody else should(*cough*country where virus originated*cough*) (...) I wish we could tell a certain country that all our debts to it are paid in full and to go *kitten* itself (...)

I agree, it has been awhile since we've had a world war >:)