Getting out of plateau tips?

Options
I'm 31. 5'5 and currently weigh 140. Have been bouncing back from 138-140 for the last two months. I lost 33-34 pounds just using my fitnesspal and working out but now I'm stuck. I'm determined to get down to my ultimate goal of 130 pounds.

Its frustrating the 33 pounds came off pretty easy but now my body wants to hold onto the fat now I guess. I worked out hard last week and no results, I went up 2 pounds (but I am constipated and did eat alot of salt the night before). I have been doing research and everywhere I look it says I should go low carb diet now. So I have been just trying to plan my meals for tomorrow low carb and boy is that hard. It is really not something I could do long term. One thing I'm going to do is up my water in take cause that is something I have been slacking I might only drink a cup or two a day if that. So I'm going to make it a goal to drink a litre every day see if that helps kick start my weightloss again.

Is low carb really my only option now to get out of this ? Or should I just continue what I'm doing(count calories)which is something I can do long term and work out 4-5 days a week. I'm over 2 months in this plateau how long does it normally take to get out?

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Also I just got out of a ‘plateau’ that lasted 9 weeks and the scale finally dropped. The last few pounds are not easy.
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    You already answered your own question. Counting calories is more long term which is where you want to be. Don’t go low carb if you don’t enjoy it and it won’t help you lose more fat. In fact carbs are good for you! Also maybe you’re eating more than you think you are. Tighten up logging and maybe you need to recalculate your calories to a lower intake.

Yes , I tried going down to 1200 that's super hard I'm always hungry. I find eating 1500-1600 is good since I'm working out 5 days a week. I'll be getting a weight scale to for my food. I found what works for me but I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it so i can shed the rest of my weight
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Did you happen to see the responses in your other thread?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/44968764#Comment_44968764

You don't have to go low carb to keep losing weight you just need to be in a deficit. For some low carb can help get into and stay in that deficit but it definitely not necessary.

And getting enough water, while healthy and can help fill you up and not enough will not prevent someone from actual fat loss.

I would definitely start weighing your food.

Yes I'm definitely going to weigh my food.