Calories in a jacket potato?

Options
I’ve searched on here for the calories and they all seem to be between 100-200 calories. I’ve also looked on the Sainsbury’s website and it says per 175g its 186cal.

I’ve weighed my potato and it’s 400g, so it’s over 400 calories for it. Is this correct? It seems very high.

Replies

• brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Most potatoes are around 80-90 calories per 100gr when they're raw. I imagine that they lose moisture when baked so just over 100 calories per 100gr when baked sounds right.

PS: a 400gr potato sounds quite large!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    I was sad when I had to cut back from 400g potatoes to 150g of potatoes. Now I look at 150g and think, "That's a lot, do I need that much?"

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Lol I usually eat 250g of potato and that's plenty
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Lol I usually eat 250g of potato and that's plenty

You change your name again?

Identity crises? :lol: Or was it that and I am losing my mind?
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I changed accounts, because I wanted to redo all my own personal entries but couldnt figure out how to do that.. then of course when I moved, I figured it out lol but I just stayed on this one haha.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    According to fda, 95 calories per 100 grams baked russet with skin
  • kirstryamitch
    kirstryamitch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have we any idea for a cooked one? I usually have a 200g one for lunch, either baked or i mash it up with lite philly, now im worried!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Have we any idea for a cooked one? I usually have a 200g one for lunch, either baked or i mash it up with lite philly, now im worried!

When I make a baked potato, I weigh it prior to baking it and log the raw weight. If I couldn't do that, I'd just find an entry for a cooked potato and log that weight. But I'm curious, how are you making sure that each potato is 200 grams? My potatoes are all different weights.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

Just make sure you use an entry for cooked potato in the database, and don't forget to weigh and log your cream cheese. Next time you can weigh it before you cook it, as that tends to be a bit more accurate, since cooking times can vary and that can affect the weight. Just think of it like practice rather than failure, since doing things like this is how we all learned how to accurately log.