SEDENTARY or LIGHT ACTIVE?

So in my usual days, i just do light stuffs like cooking, playing with my siblings, tapping on my phone etc.
But i walk 40mins a day, 5 times a week.
Am I considered as a lazy bum?😕

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    The exercise does not count in the activity settings for mfp, if you normally get under 3000 steps outside of those walks then you are sedentary
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    In your usual days playing with siblings...ummm, you're not a lazy bum if you're just a kid still living with your folks.
  • Jeanaiah
    Jeanaiah Posts: 15 Member

Diatonic12 wrote: »
    In your usual days playing with siblings...ummm, you're not a lazy bum if you're just a kid still living with your folks.

HAHAHAHA NOO I’M 20
    I happened to be here because of the quarantine, I don’t wanna stay long and alone at my place🙄
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,138 Member
    edited May 2020
    As I mentioned in your other thread and as Kriss implies, your activity level would not include a separately logged walk.

So there's two things here. What your activity level is and how to handle the walk.

Playing with siblings and cooking and such tells me that you're actually above sedentary at home.

40 minutes of brisk walking not logged separately tells me that if you include your walk you're *topping* lightly active.

I would peg you too of lightly/bottom of active depending on how much moving you do at home.

Walks are interesting. The calories have been researched a lot.

But it is a low calorie activity and MFP has already assigned some calories to that time period. So you should be deducting BMR *1.25 from the walk's gross calories.

Even though it is not how MFP was envisioned I find it easier to consider regular walking in the activity settings and either correct using a fitness tracker or based on steps as opposed to adding as an exercise and agonizing over what percentage to eat back

(If steps above 7500.... you're entering active territory. Above 3500 you're moving from sedentary to lightly active)