I'm new

Options
Gymnasticsgirl09
Gymnasticsgirl09 Posts: 39 Member
edited September 2020 in Getting Started
Hi everyone! I am new to this program and let me just say it is amazing! I haven't really tracked my
calories yet though I keep forgetting. But I have a question for you guys. I want to lose weight fast, but I just don't know how. I have tried 30-day challenges but I still don't know what to do! Help?πŸ˜•πŸ˜•. And I also don't have any freinds on here so if you comment, and you want to be friends with me, send a request! Bye!

[post edited by mods - do not ask other users to post their personal email addresses in public]

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The best weight loss is slow and steady.
    How much weight are you trying to lose, what is your height and current weight?

Have you set your calories in mfp?
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. seeing results is a real motivation. unfortunately losing weight is a long haul process and then MAINTAINING the loss is life long. you will need to make lifestyle changes because your habits define you. schedule exercise into your week and bursts of activity throughout the day. maintain a calorie deficit MOST of the time. there will be meals where you overeat. just make sure the next meal is light and whatever you do keep going! and don’t snack, drink more water, eat more protein:)
  • Gymnasticsgirl09
    Options
    Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it! Would you guys mind if i friend you?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    You can send members a friend request by clicking on their name under their picture. When the new page opens, click their name again, and then, "Add as friend." Most people like it if you send them a short message with friend requests.

I don't add "friends" on here, but I wish you good luck with your weight loss. Keep reading.

I'd say the #1 thing to do is start logging food every day, no matter what.

• Gymnasticsgirl09
    Options
    thanks for all the help guys! I really needed it!
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • manyasin
    manyasin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I only just restarted my healthy eating plan this week, tomorrow is my first weigh in! As someone who has tried every diet under the sun, my only advice is to be honest with yourself. Make calorie counting part of your daily routine, I use the barcode scanner on my phone app and weigh my food to make sure my calories are as accurate as possible. Your first week or so will be more of an observation of what you are eating, and where you can tweak things to cut down calories - I've already found that I drink a lot of calories so I'm working on that. Try to plan your meals ahead of time to avoid going over your daily calorie intake. They say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, but I feel adding some daily exercise into your routine is really helpful, if you are new to exercise then just starting with a brisk walk is better than no exercise at all. Like people have previously said in the forum - weight loss can be a slow process, it's better to ease your way into changing your lifestyle rather than immediately cutting out all food and exercising a lot, you're more likely to burn out and give up.

I'm happy to be added as a friend (that includes anyone else who reads this!)