Weight loss and immune disorders

Options
So I'm trying to lose weight but also have an auto-immune disorder that messes with my ability to get enough sleep and the ability to absorb certain vitamins and nutrients. This sometimes results in weight gain when I haven't eaten nearly enough to gain weight. On top of that I hardly ever have the sensation of hunger so knowing when to eat and how much can be a struggle.
I wanted to let others like me know that weight loss is possible when you have immune disorder and I would love to hear other people's stories so that we could support each other.

Replies

• Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism with years of 'IBS' and have certain inability to absorb nutrients with bouts of gastritis and inability to feel hungry.

I take HCL with pepsin with high protein meals, before eating, to help increase hydrochloric acid which seems to decrease with thyroid problems. Once a week I eat steak and drink orange juice to increase the iron fourfold, daily multivitamin, daily 2000mg Vitamin C and twice a year I take a 10 day course of VSL3 antibiotic 'food's sachets.

I hear that selenium, zinc, folate and magnesium biglycinate are good additions.

Here's a link to stomach acid
    https://draxe.com/nutrition/hydrochloric-acid/
  • rambosamee
    rambosamee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried an elimination diet to see how specific foods affect you?

My husband found issues in some odd places by doing an elimination diet, and it has made a significant improvement to his health.
  • rambosamee
    rambosamee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes I have, I found for my specific situation protein is best. And staying away from preservatives.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    rambosamee wrote: »
    Thanks for the info!

You're welcome, I forgot to add that B12 and Vitamin D are essential too.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone with ashimoto disease here.. Diagnosed 2 month ago. Started elimation diet 1 month ago. I feel better. No more bloating, much less fatigue and under control dead tiredness. But something still off. I assume its how my body absorbs nutrients.
    I lost first week 7 pounds since then nothing. Any suggestion?