Runner’s accountability

2»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I totally forgot about this thread. I ran ~3 miles Saturday and plan to go run tomorrow morning.
  • galaxyzoo2004
    galaxyzoo2004 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi All, I could use some running friends for inspiration, advise, tips, motivation, nutrition advise....all that stuff....I just ran a Social Distance Virtual Run in May (earned a super cool Corona virus keepsake medal for that!) and for June, I signed up for a 137 mile river run....I have all month to run it...averages out to 4.57 miles for the 30 days of June. Found a Virtual Whisky 5K that I think sounds fun for July....If anyone wants to friend me, I'd appreciate it! Happy Running from Ohio!
  • hsslove
    hsslove Posts: 6 Member
    I ran 3 miles last night in 34 minutes. I'm using the Vi trainer app to train for a 10k. My long run is scheduled for tomorrow. 45 minutes, and I'm hoping to hit 4 miles.
  • DancingMoosie
    Wednesday I did 5 miles and Thursday I did 3. Planning to go again Monday.
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    6tqbhyhoolze.jpg
    I've been using the Polar marathon program for (if it still happens) Honolulu Marathon in December. After two weeks of rolling my eyes, I finally saw results from the zone 2&3 training. If anyone is doing something similar, it will eventually pay off! sskhgkozfsmq.jpg
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2020
    P.s. These are from week 1 and week 4. When I first started, I had a problem maintaining even a jog in zone 2. I finally found my balance point and managed to keep it even in zone 2 and 3 for the duration I'm going .2 mph faster across the board and just for fun, I pushed myself on the Intervals. Holy moly! I could always run 8-8.5 mph but anything past a minute was unlikely. I maintained for the entire 5 minute zone 5 interval training!
  • DancingMoosie
    I went to the park to run today. Forecast was for thunderstorms, but it has been for several days without any. I know I won't melt, so I just thought I'd run and chance it and leave if it was too heavy or there was thunder and lightning. There was a very light sprinkling kind of rain, but no thunder or lighting. I got in 5 easy miles. Bonus that temps were below avg.
  • DancingMoosie
    5 miles today!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Anyone should feel free to add me.

This weekend (in about an hour :# ) I'll be starting the Goggins Challenge where I'll run 4 miles every 4 hours for 48 (plus 2 extra miles to make it an even 50 for the weekend). I was 'motivated' to do this because of the group of crazies I hang out and run with.

There's no better way to stay motivated than to find friends who have the same goals as you.
  • DancingMoosie
    Wow! Good.luck! I hope you have a great team behind you(or with you). 👍
  • DancingMoosie
    3 easy miles today. It's getting hot here!
  • DancingMoosie
    6 miles yesterday and 5 today.