What Blender Do You Use?

Options
I'm looking for a blender that is strong enough to crush frozen fruit, for smoothies.
Do you have any blender information you can share with me?

What blender do you use, how do you feel about it and what did you buy it for price wise?
I had a magic bullet and it was great, even though I think the motor was 250watt motor I use frozen fruit sometimes and it seemed to manage with some encouragement, but the cups are now completely MIA and the base is over 4years old so I am going to buy a new blender instead of just buying new cups. So if that was 250watt then..crazy 1500 watt motors is that really necessary? I want a better motor one but 1100, 1200, should be sufficient for crushing specifically frozen fruit and frozen ingredients.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I have what Google tells me is an "Oster® Versa® 1,100 Watt Multi Speed Performance Blender." There's even a smoothie function and dip function (not sure they are different other than the sound patterns they make).

I've had this beast for years but no longer recall how much I paid for it. Couldn't have been more than $75 or so. It mashes frozen blueberries, mangos, pineapple chunks, etc. Although, you're best to add some water/liquid first, imo.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ninja 1000... we use it primarily for smoothies..crushes ice and fruit great and we paid about 80 dollars. I would buy it again!!!
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I use the Nutri Ninja
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I was shopping for a blender a few years back and decided to instead keep using my Cuisinart for smoothies.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I have just a little $30 Cooks 5 in 1 Power Blender that I leave on the counter for my daily frozen fruit blended smoothie. I put ice in it too...I've had it for probably ten years? Almost daily use. They have it at JC Penneys.

240 W motor.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I have 3. The one I use most is Hamilton Beach, 110 w, 50 years old, wedding gift. I crush ice and make nice cream in it.
    It’s made many, many smoothies.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ninja. Has a regular blender pitcher and 2 smoothie cups. I actually prefer the regular pitcher for frozen fruit and ice.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 year old Vitamix and it was broken and the thought of throwing it out was driving me crazy. So I used YouTube for instructions on how to replace the electrical part. It cost me $20 for the part and now it works like a charm. Hopefully. It will last us another 10 years.

Lol. The first thing I made since repairing it? Pina colada.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Ninja which works great. My other Ninja broke after just a few months. I hope this one holds up.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have a Vitamix, I can't see ever going back to another type of blender.

Yes, it's expensive. It's also worth it. We've had it for seven years and my husband initially freaked at the price. Once we'd had it for six months or so, he told me he was taking back all his reservations and was so glad we had it.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. I like my morning smoothies with a ton of ice, so they generally come in at 50+ ounces. Makes me feel like I’m having a “volume” meal. It was taking two laps with my nutribullet, and three to make almond milk.

A neighbor let me try out his vitamix so I took over some soaked almonds and wow!!! I was sold immediately.

There’s a little bit of a learning curve, and it will make your ear drums bleed. Cats fly in every direction as soon as I turn it on.

And the cap doesn’t always go on tight, as I found to my dismay when making almond milk a couple mornings ago. Ugh! Still chipping dried almond pulp off things with my fingernails.

in my perfect world it would also squeeze the almond milk. *sigh*
  • springlering62
    Options
    PS I got one for my daughter at the same time. She’s a fabulous and inventive vegan cook. She told me just yesterday how much she loves it and how it’s changed her cooking. She says she uses it at least five times a day.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I too just purchased a Vitamix and I'm learning its apparent nuances. I've been trying to achieve that unique 'clover' design when making mocha sorbet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44wdIcuEH8).

I'm getting either too much ice and it won't blend so I add more liquid to get it to 'move' but then it's too much. Driving me a bit crazy...I achieved the right consistency (like ice cream) with my old Ninja (it died after a two-three years) for the most part. Took a very long time though.

I have faith though...I mean I've never heard many complaints about Vitamix 😉

• swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtech. Definitely worth the money spent on it. It's a direct competitor to Vitamix. It's not better or worse than Vitamix but I happened to get it on sale at Costco a few years ago.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I use Nutribullet and love it. I've had it for about 5 years now and I use it once or twice a day, everyday. I make protein smoothies, soups, sorbets, sauces, the base for my protein bars, grind seeds and oats etc.

Very easy clean up and doesn't take up much room for storage.

I also have 2 Ninja's, but I don't use them.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I currently have a Ninja which works great. My other Ninja broke after just a few months. I hope this one holds up.

And by now you could have had a Vitamix and Ninja does not come close to what a Vitamix does. I used both.

I do want a Vitamix but it is out of my price range. The first Ninja was under warranty when it broke so it was replaced at no charge. The first Ninja was about $100. Vitamix cost about $400-$500 from what I have seen.
  • Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback and experiences everyone :)
  • Anabel_101
    Anabel_101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Blendtec! I love it!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I too just purchased a Vitamix and I'm learning its apparent nuances. I've been trying to achieve that unique 'clover' design when making mocha sorbet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44wdIcuEH8).

I'm getting either too much ice and it won't blend so I add more liquid to get it to 'move' but then it's too much. Driving me a bit crazy...I achieved the right consistency (like ice cream) with my old Ninja (it died after a two-three years) for the most part. Took a very long time though.

I have faith though...I mean I've never heard many complaints about Vitamix 😉

Here is a trick I do, but please be careful or you will be cleaning mess from walls / ceiling lol. I do this only if I cannot get things to move with the plunger.
    Turn the thing to lowest speed, take a silicon spatula and simply scrape the sides. Couple moves and it gets sucked and moving like its nothing. At that point you can cover and let it rip. If you run the spatula close to the glass jar, it will not catch the blades. It took me couple tries and destroyed couple spatulas, but its the name of the game. Also, make sure you add things in proper order, wet first.

I'm willing to put my ceiling on the line😉 Thanks
  • springlering62
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I'm willing to put my ceiling on the line😉 Thanks

Having once experienced a can of spoiled tomato sauce explode onto the ceiling, be careful what you put on the firing line there.

I’d rather continue picking shards of almond meal off appliances and walls than deal with that again.