Nighttime eating- stress eating

Hi - I’m looking for help with corralling late afternoon and evening snacking, mainly due to anxiety

Replies

• lisasfit42
    lisasfit42 Posts: 11 Member
    That has been me lately I've been off work since March 13th and won't return until the kids return next fall to school I was working at a home daycare that was for teachers kids only
  • sarahremfry
    sarahremfry Posts: 3 Member
    Just following for the same advice! With school and work, I always lose my diet after 5 pm :/
  • twio2015
    twio2015 Posts: 29 Member
    This is me too.

I am thinking of some random ideas
    1. Leave all snacks planned dor the day to that time.
    2. Plan a relaxing activity that you enjoy which doesnt involve food like a game or good book
    3. Message a friend that can keep you accountable when the desire comes
  • zoemeeson
    zoemeeson Posts: 22 Member
    I have trouble with my snacking also soo hard
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    My only way to deal with this has been to just it buy anything I can’t snack on at that time. When I’m in a healthier mindset, I figure out what replacements will work for what (crunchy craving: popcorn or corn cakes in lieu of chips; sweet tooth: fruity herbal tea, yogurt with a few chocolate chips instead of ice cream, etc).
  • Westieok
    Westieok Posts: 13 Member
    Hi I’m new but I think I’ve found my group. I agree—I don’t get hungry until 3 pm snack properly then early dinner. After dinner it’s one loooong snack until bedtime. Even worse when husband goes to bed early. I try to not buy what I can’t eat but have gone so far as to eat sugar out of the sugar bowl. My current plan is to make myself eat an apple and 1/2 glass of milk then see if I can hold off snacking. The milk seems to help.
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Wow, hello to others on this road/in this rut. I started going to after dinner Overeaters Anonymous meetings this month (virtually) for this very issue. It’s the out of control feeling and eating stuff after I don’t even want it anymore that got me there. but... I’m not sure how good a fit the program is. I like reading these posts & maybe posting too at night. But nothing seems to work more than day or two. It’s been like this for years!
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    I kept a gratitude journal for awhile at night. That helped...
  • SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    Some things that might help -
    Going for a looooong bath 🛀🏼
    Going to bed earlier - you can’t eat if you’re sleeping 💤
    I also save calories for the evening, normally by pre-logging, so that I know that it’s accounted for 🍴
    Eating something random that is low in calories - looking for a crunch, how about pickled gherkins or some slices of apple with cinnamon 🍎
    Drinking lots of water 💦

I’d love to hear more of your ideas 💡
    All the best 💭