Help I've Plateaued!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Well, do NOT eat any LESS than 1300 calories,do not eat junk food,keep proteins up to 50%,veggies 35%,fat about 15%. Do NOT skip meals!! It's necessary to keep your metabolism up. Breakfast,snack,lunch,snack,dinner. Cut WAY back on fruit. Eat the an apple or the equivalent once a day ONLY. If you are trying to lose weight, eating fruit will slow you down.Use it as a source of energy immediately before a workout. Fruit tends to get stored as fat in the body before it gets burned off. Do NOT eat refined sugar and cut WAY back on starch. And of course you have to exercise up to 3-5 times a week. Vary your workouts so you do not get bored and your body does not get used to what you are doing. This will work!! You can do it!! Good luck!

Some yes, but so much no.

ETA: the yes is pretty much the first 9 words. The rest is no.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I suggest to each person that hits plateau - leangains.com
  • awlosing30
    awlosing30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Plateaus usually happen when you don't adjust your intake to your current weight. If you've lost weight, automatically you will require less calories. Another thing that can contribute to a plateau, is that you're less accurate at counting your calories. It happens over time. What helped for me was to try some new recipes. That way you'll get your counting more in order and you'll feel better.

So do you just use a different calculator to determine your "new" caloric needs according to your "new" weight and adjust your goals in MFP?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, do NOT eat any LESS than 1300 calories,do not eat junk food,keep proteins up to 50%,veggies 35%,fat about 15%. Do NOT skip meals!! It's necessary to keep your metabolism up. Breakfast,snack,lunch,snack,dinner. Cut WAY back on fruit. Eat the an apple or the equivalent once a day ONLY. If you are trying to lose weight, eating fruit will slow you down.Use it as a source of energy immediately before a workout. Fruit tends to get stored as fat in the body before it gets burned off. Do NOT eat refined sugar and cut WAY back on starch. And of course you have to exercise up to 3-5 times a week. Vary your workouts so you do not get bored and your body does not get used to what you are doing. This will work!! You can do it!! Good luck!

Agreed.. All of that is completely unnecessary and will not affect weight loss. In fact, I do everything that is advised not to do. And there is NO way I will be giving up my Klondike bars!
  • rcockrell6
    rcockrell6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try that.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options

Agreed.. All of that is completely unnecessary and will not affect weight loss. In fact, I do everything that is advised not to do. And there is NO way I will be giving up my Klondike bars!

If you do this,and it is recommended by experienced,certified,weight loss and exercise coaches, the person having trouble with the plateau will get past it. It works!! I am doing this myself and my plateau immediately broke. Disagree if you want to but it still works.
This discussion has been closed.