More calories

Options
I need help with more calories.
I currently eat
lunch: wrap with lettuce, tomato, mayo and a protein. Smoothie with spinach, yogurt, blueberries and strawberries.
supper: 1 cup of brown rice, California veggie mix and a protein.

late snack: 50 grams of chips and a 222ml coke zero.
I am 384 pounds and myfitness pal says I need 700ish more calories . What can I eat for 700 more calories. I think I need them as my energy level dropped as soon as I started eating better. Thanks

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Do you not eat breakfast?
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Try eating something more dense besides that 1 meal?
  • jessie747williams
    jessie747williams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    No I do not eat breakfast.
  • harper16
    Options

You could try adding protein powder to your smoothy, or avacado to your lunch.
  • harper16
    Options
    Or add a snack of apples and peanut butter, or celery with peanut butter
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If you’re needing 700 kcal, it almost doesn’t matter what you eat to make them up. That’s a whole extra meal you can fit in (could try that)
    Or
    If you like full-sugar fizzy drinks (I don’t), swap the cola back to “normal” and add a bit of chocolate to your day. Or cheese. Or as other have said peanut butter.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Add more to your portions - instead of a cup have a cup and a half; if you have 5oz protein (for example) have 7-8oz

But the answer to life is always ice cream if you have calories left

This.
  • LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Would love to be in a position where I am asking for help to meet an upper calorie goal.
  • LJRS2019
    Options

Sorry but I think you know what you need to do? If you don't eat breakfast and you need 700 more calories then eat breakfast?
  • LJRS2019
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    LJRS2019 wrote: »

Sorry but I think you know what you need to do? If you don't eat breakfast and you need 700 more calories then eat breakfast?

Thats not true at all. You can have one meal that will fill your calories. Not the best way to eat but not exactly bad.

?? You just said it yourself. She needs to eat more calories so eat another meal? Breakfast brunch call it what you like
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Your energy level has dropped because you're not eating enough.

Chopped up apple and diced cheddar cheese is my go-to snack on the rare occasions that I need to eat more. Personally, I don't like the stuff but peanut butter on toast would work too. Or a large handful of nuts.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ..."But the answer to life is always ice cream if you have calories left"

^^ This.
    I believe it was the great Buddha (or me) who said...."Everything in the universe is or isn't ice cream".
  • LJRS2019
    Options

Thats not true at all. You can have one meal that will fill your calories. Not the best way to eat but not exactly bad.

?? You just said it yourself. She needs to eat more calories so eat another meal? Breakfast brunch call it what you like

More. Yes. Breakfast. Nope.
    Finally we get there