What should I make for lunch?

Options
I don't have much food at home right now(need to go grocery shopping) so I need ideas for a yummy lunch MFP!

What I have currently that sounds good to use...
Canned tuna & canned chicken, pasta, rice, tortillas, cheese, breads, leftover bratwurst(sooo good!), and that's basically all that I can think of right now.

Any combinations you can think of that might be good?

Replies

• hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    No veggies? If that's all you have for the moment, I guess I'd just put one of the meats with some cheese on a tortilla and cook it. maybe grill it.

I love tuna and making tuna melts. I bet there is a good recipe for tuna melts that doesn't use mayo (greek yogurt with other stuff perhaps)

I used to make tuna melts with just tuna bread and cheese. Little dry but liked them.

YOU NEED VEGGIES AND FRUITS KID! ;)
  • lizzyhood
    lizzyhood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    canned chicken?!

is the bratwurst a sausage?

If so - bratwurst with some pasta!! If you have any tomato sauce lying around?

x
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to make awhile back was to take tuna and mix it with chopped fresh spinach, tomatoes, red onion with light miracle whip. I'd put the mixture on french bread and add reduced fat cheese and bake it in the oven for 5-6 min at 400 degrees farenheit.

Just one half was a decent portion for lunch.
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    canned chicken?!

is the bratwurst a sausage?

If so - bratwurst with some pasta!! If you have any tomato sauce lying around?

x

Yeah, canned chicken. I blame my parents.

I think I'm gonna make this...
    That sounds freaking delicious. xD