Calories

Calories 2100 P-40% F-30% C-30%
Can someone give me an idea how to hit my protein intake without having to constantly eat chicken all the time but also keep my fat intake down the carbs take care of themselves

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    How tall are you? What's your goal weight?

For many people, 40%P is unnecessarily high.

If you want to increase protein, this is your thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

It links to a spreadsheet that lists many, many foods by protein efficiency: Most protein for fewest calories. Find things near the top of that spreadsheet that you enjoy, eat more of those, less of something else that isn't as much helping you meet your goals.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    That’s like 210g protein a day - pretty hefty

Chicken/shrimp are my go-to’s;

pork tenderloin/turkey breast have similar macro ratio to chicken

Greek yogurt/fairlife milk are go-to’s for me
  • jordanhouston93
    jordanhouston93 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for the reply’s I’m currently 5”11 13 stone 7 - 189 pounds want to get down to about 12.5 following a programme and it recommends that macro split its Kinobody programme
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I eat a lot less P-125g, C-125g, F-55g 33/33/33. 93% lean Ground turkey, 93% lean ground beef, Sirloin steak, carne asada, chicken thighs with all visible fat removed, Fage Greek yogurt and optimum nutrition shakes are in my regular rotation. Bison, elk, rabbit and other game is rather lean but it isn’t available much where I am at. Some of it is higher in fat but I balance it out with lower fat protein throughout the day. Hope that helps!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    That's some serious overkill on protein.

You may want to buy some supplemental powder.
  • jordanhouston93
    jordanhouston93 Posts: 3 Member
    great thanks i appreciate the information given. I only have it so high as im currently on a cut. I have one re feed day with a 20-30% increase above maintenance weight so my body doesn't think its being starved or when my strength/fat loss hits a plateau. I will eventually eat at maintenance for 4 weeks and reduce the protein intake where necessary to help.