Best Pulse Oximeter For Those Athletic and/or Exercisers

Options
I am looking to lose weight and gain muscles. At the same time, I am caution with my health. I am wondering what is the best Pulse Oximeter out there on the market. I found Masimo MightySat Fingertip Pulse Oximeter very interesting. But, I am not looking to spend a lot money on device right now especially during Coronavirus Pandemic. If anyone on myfitnesspal can give me some selections, that will be great. Looking forward to see why you chose the one you did. Thanks In Advance.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Why does need one for losing weight and gaining muscle!?
  • megalodon182014
    megalodon182014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I care more about my health. I would like to stay update with my oxygen level since I am almost 50 years old. This will let me take it slower on my heart when I need to. I am extreme exerciser not like many people others out there. My family always tell me to take it slow. I think I am more addictive to exercising. I try to be more caution and not over due it.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    They all do the same thing, so just buy the cheapest one you can find. Unfortunately, sellers jacked up the prices when covid19 hit. I got my 4 of them before covid for $25-$30. Now they're much more $ and harder to find. Seriously, they all do the same thing. Try to get one without warning beeps; those are super annoying.
  • megalodon182014
    megalodon182014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I did noticed the price had jacked up. I hope I am lucky to find the cheapest one out there somewhere.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    The cheap ones are generally rubbish, and seem to be particularly bad when trying to measure reduced oxygen sats. Thus they are useless in detecting if something goes wrong. Do you feel that you might suffer from low oxygen saturations? If not then such a thing is rather useless to be honest.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @yirara 's got a good point, the low-end ones don't measure oxygen as well as the better ones (they're all the same for pulse reading). In any event, wait until the covid panic buying phase is over. Here's why:

pjwia8gqamqa.jpg

kewvvp01kqgu.jpg

these things are not worth more than $25 and it's kinda wasteful to spend 3x that amount just because people want to take their ox sat levels 20 times a day to see if they have 'rona. By summertime there will be a massive glut and prices will collapse.