Fitbit not tracking properly.

Options
I just wanted to ask if anyone has had a problem with their fitbit not tracking all of their activity.
I went for a bike ride this morning for the first time wearing it and also put mapmyride app. My fitbit stopped working 2 miles before we got home and the app calculated the whole route so therefore my data is wrong and I can't put the data from my app because I set it up 4 years ago and didn't think to alter it and the weight is wrong making the calories I burnt wrong, if that makes sense.
Could it be that the sweat is making the fitbit slip and if so is there anything I can do about that not happening because I want to do this properly and if my fitbit is cheating me I'd rather move on to something else.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    You can change your weight in in the fitbit app. You can also adjust workouts in the app and make them longer or shorter as you like. The calories are then recalculated accordingly.
  • oooaarrrr79
    oooaarrrr79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    You can change your weight in in the fitbit app. You can also adjust workouts in the app and make them longer or shorter as you like. The calories are then recalculated accordingly.

Thank you for replying.
    Sorry I didn't make myself clear the mapmyride app was out with my weight, I set my fitbit app up with the right weight etc, it was just that my fitbit stopped working 2 miles from my end destination but my mapmybike app carried on as it was gps.
    I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to stop this happening with my Fitbit.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    I have no idea to be honest as I don't know what caused the fitbit to stop. Was the battery empty? But if you want to have the full ride in fitbit you could at least fix this by clicking on this ride in the app. You have the end time in mapmyride. Use this for the ride in fitbit and that should be sorted.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Stopped working as in totally - it went blank, and then when did it turn back on.

If you mean the workout stopped automatically about 2 miles before really finished - no problem.

That workout is just an Activity Record with start & stop times. Go into it and correct the stop time.
    Now it will reflect the data seen by the device for the whole chunk of time.

Correcting MMR not so easy - but it was going to be way off anyway - it is known for inflating calorie burn walking/running/biking.

If neither of those things occurred - device went blank and turned off, or workout stopped early - then you need to be a lot more descriptive on what exactly happened to the Fitbit if you want any suggestions.

"Stopped working" would normally mean the device turned off or stopped seeing steps, HR, distance, ect - blank space in the daily graph.

If that really did happen - what did you do to get it working again. This is the device, not the app.