Howdy!

TexasAggie1280
TexasAggie1280 Posts: 31 Member
edited May 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone,

In an effort to keep me striving towards my goals, I thought it would be beneficial to join an online fitness community for inspiration and encouragement. In my view, It's much easier to stay dedicated when you have other people to go through the journey with.

I'm a former college baseball player (briefly) and used to be highly dedicated to health and fitness. Once I stopped playing baseball, I stopped taking care of myself. I got tired of constantly looking at old pictures of myself and thinking, 'man I wish I looked like that again'.

I'm currently 24 and a recent college grad in December. I'm not really overweight by most standards (maybe 5-8 pounds according to the chart, but not much), but I definitely have gained a small beer gut and my muscles are nowhere near as toned as they were. My goal right now is to drop 10 pounds in the next 4 weeks and then begin to start building muscle again and maintaining healthy eating patterns.

Look forward to chatting with you all! :)

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    You wont drop 10lbs in 4 weeks, with that little to lose, you will only be losing half a pound per week.

Since weight loss isnt linear, you wont lose every week either, and even if you did, you're looking at a few months to lose 10lbs.

If you lose any faster then that, it will be the result of you starving your body of calories and doing it unhealthy and risking losing the lean muscle you wish to tone.