Carbs

How can I lower my carb intake

Replies

• procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Do simple things at first. For example we just had a burger without a bun. We add an overeasy egg and a bunch of veggies- delicious and easier to eat without a bun!

Meatballs with sauce- no pastas. Very filling!

Breakfast casserole- these are great for work breakfasts. They store really well all week and are easy to pop in the microwave and chow down. We put sausage on the bottom with a small portion of hash browns or tater tots (you can ignore this) and then veggies and eggs on top! Bake until done and bam.

Search for keto recipes!
  • bluej85
    bluej85 Posts: 16 Member
    It would help to know by how much you're looking to cut them by...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    I'm trying to limit carbs, too. I need to change what I snack on -- for example, low fat string cheese instead of cookies, plain yogurt instead of crackers & dip, etc. I've also been deciding to avoid starchy sides like mashed potatoes, macaroni, etc. and instead having a extra veg. Nutrition labels, and the mfp food database and diary are your friend. The only way to limit them is to learn what foods have them and limit what you eat appropriately.

Remember, though, vegetables are carbohydrates and YOU MUST EAT THEM to get the nutrition you need.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Eat smaller portions of higher carb foods. Look at your diary. Simple.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    Replace carbs with fats and protein. So more meats, nuts, eggs, and fish.
  • bluej85
    You might try just dropping one or two heavy carb sources and see how that works...bread and sweets are the big ones people tend to get a lot of calories from while being the most processed and not providing much in the way of nutrition benefit. Fill your plate with veggies and fruits instead, the fiber will fill you up and most people aren't getting enough in their diets anyway.
  • bluej85

Replacing carbohydrates with carbohydates?

As much steamed broccoli as anyone could comfortably eat with some roasted carrots and chicken, with orange slices for dessert vs a burger combo and a shake would reduce your overall carb intake, yes.
  • sparashar217
    sparashar217 Posts: 1 Member
    What are good Keto foods having magnesium, iron, vitamins,sodium
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

You may want to start your own thread for keto-friendly nutrient dense foods.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member

I agree with Jane, but for a lot of that, non starchy vegetables.