Garmin vs Fitbit vs "other"

Options
2»

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Garmin has a program to replace out of warranty gear very cheap.

Garmin service sucks and I am a loyal customer of theirs.

Example: they just stopped servicing my Garmin 920xt in January. In March a button broke. I had to buy a new watch but got 20% off for returning the old one.

My bf has a polar. They are STILL repairing it for free after 15 years!! And let him keep old components! And are way more affordable for tools provided.

Clearly he’s smarter than me (knowing this, I bought a new garmin)
  • goatg
    Options
    Oh, and Garmin warranty a joke. One year warranty on an $800 watch
  • goatg
    Options
    That said, I would read a comprehensive review website. I spent hours choosing mine based on my needs and went between different manufacturers’ websites. There are third parties, ie DCRainmaker, that objectively compare features/price/value and are more efficient. I’d look into these.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Garmin has a program to replace out of warranty gear very cheap.

I think it depends a lot on where you are. They kept on messing with me when I asked for a repair at my costs for my handheld gps. For months. The issue was that the on button integrated into a rubber seal had come lose, a common problem with that particular unit. Finally they changed their message to: you should have contacted us earlier as we've discontinued repairs for this unit. We can't repair it anymore. :s This was in the UK.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    When one of my Vector pods died, Garmin sent me a replacement immediately, without a receipt, and let me send them the dead pod at my leisure. They didn't even charge for shipping.

I'm in Seattle.