Had a baby, stubborn pounds to lose

Hello all! I am sure more than a couple of you are in the same boat as me! Almost 8 months ago I gave birth to a wonderful, healthy baby boy. He is our miracle and we waited a long time for his arrival.

I gained 40 pounds during pregnancy and lost all but the final 7 pounds in the first few weeks after delivery. Now these 7 pounds have really stuck on. I did not worry too much thinking perhaps it would budge after I weaned. I have weaned and it’s been a few weeks and here I am, still 7 pounds up.

I am ready to start doing something about it. I just have to really buckle down and do it! Anyone in the same boat and want to help keep up motivation? With quarantine and raising a baby into everything, I already feel like it will be difficult to stick to a plan!

Replies

• camillasmith1987
    camillasmith1987 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I am the other side of my baby weight journey now but wanted to say well done for having it together enough to focus on this with such a young baby!! I didn't do anything special just counted calories and did 3 sessions of formal exercise per week with walks.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Hello! Similar to you, I gained 40 lb during my pregnancy with my 2nd baby, also a boy, who is now 11 months old. I have lost those 40 lb, plus another 14 lb! I’ve got 11 lb more to lose to be at the top of a healthy BMI, and my current goal weight. Friend me if you want. Open diary.
    It’s hard, but you can do this. I am by no means an athlete, and I’ve had some plateaus and yo-yo-ing up and down lately.
    I eat mostly vegetarian-ish, and many vegan meals, but I consider myself a flexitarian. I still eat some meat when I want to, but it’s definitely not every day. I eat a lot less dairy, but I still eat it. And chocolate and Doritos are definitely not off-limits.
    I exercise mostly just to Leslie Sansone’s Walk at Home stuff, or I walk outside. Lately I have also started brief half to 1.5 mile jogs around my neighborhood in the mornings now that it’s not hideously cold out.
  • Kjk024
    Kjk024 Posts: 7 Member
    I would love to be friends! I am currently inside the healthy BMI range, just not back down to where I would like to be. Sitting at 140 instead of 130 is no fun! Perhaps having some friends who can see my log each day will help me keep at it!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi! I just weaned my 15 month old last week and am losing weight now. She was my 2nd baby. I had no trouble losing after I have my 1st. I gained about 25 during pregnancy, lost 9 by giving birth and wasn't able to drop even 1 since without losing my breastmilk. So here I am with about 20 to lose... or 15 more from what I lost this week (losing water weight and breastmilk for 4 lb this week woo). Really looking for more active friends right now.

I would like to get to 130 lb (139.8 lb now) by july 20 when i return to work. And 125 lb eventually. I'm eating 1500 calories a day plus exercise for now and seeing how that will go. So far so good.
  • Kjk024
    Kjk024 Posts: 7 Member
    Fantastic! Looks like we are aiming for around the same weight goal, so that is a fun coincidence as well! Good luck! Let’s keep in touch!