Starting a New Adventure

Options
baylsjem
baylsjem Posts: 13 Member
Hello! My name is Baylee and I live in Utah. I’m 27 and currently pursing my MBA.

I’ve battled weight gain my entire life. I have endometriosis, PCOS, severe anemia and vitamin D deficiency. After long debate and researched I’ve decided to get gastric bypass. I’m just in the planning stages of it and following doctors orders.

Has anyone on here gotten GP? How well did you do? And what are your go to foods for protein intake?

I’m so excited for this journey!! Feel free to add me. Any support will be helpful! mimu81y8j552.jpeg

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I don't have insight into weight loss surgery, but I do have PCOS, a vitamin D deficiency, and I love your dress.

What are your doctor's orders?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Wow that dress is gorgeous!! You me beautiful in it!
    I have severe anemia,vitamin iron deficiency y potassium levels love to drop out if the blue causing me troubles. I’m lucky not to have normal PCOS category but they call my uterus endometriosis even tho they not sure what to call it.. my whole uterus is inside out so technically if my uterus was flipped to look like everyone else’s my lining would be in the correct spot which isn’t really documented it’s a rarity. My tubes don’t go where they should had holes in my uterus but now they do since having my son my uterus exploded the placenta too so they patched me up like Frankenstein monster did as much corrections as they could(I get cysts but only inside my uterus not my tubes the babies I managed to have latched on to cysts since theirs no lining).

I lost 54lbs so far I didn’t chose to get medical procedures done just chose to lose it with exercising,healthier eating,y watching calories . Started off with walking indoors only built my way up. Learned serving sizes started reading labels. With all my health issues even autoimmune issues figured this was the best route for me. Consult a Dietitian through your Doctor you choose or do this independently . Your diet will have to reflect what your needs are including your type of vitamins pills. I still have some more to lose but doing a lifestyle change not a diet so it sticks .