Need Heavier Kettlebells

Options
I need a couple of heavier kettlebells but they’re not available anywhere. I’ve been using my kettlebell I have and just doing more reps to failure, but it would be nice to have a couple of heavier ones. Very difficult to find right now, even online. I’ve looked on FB marketplace too and there are some, but ridiculously priced. What do y’all suggest?

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Google homemade kettlebells. Lots of ideas out there.

Sample.
    https://gymperson.com/make-diy-kettlebell/

Good luck.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    What's "heavier" to you? 🤷🏿‍♀️

In these near-dystopian times, you're likely gonna have to DIY a safe alternative if you don't want to shell out for overpriced used goods: fill a pillowcase or backpack with heavy *kitten*, pour concrete into buckets, etc.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Without knowing your more details of your training makes this a question with a less specific answer other than...

1. Why not just use a more difficult variant of the movement if you want to keep your volume the same?
    2. Add volume
    3. Use other avenues to purchase. There are many options that weight is being sold in the area of $2 per lb.
    4. Find other means to load your movement.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Put 2 dumbells together. Vary your training to accommodate what you have.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Fitness Depot store around you? That's where I got mine.
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Google homemade kettlebells. Lots of ideas out there.

Sample.
    https://gymperson.com/make-diy-kettlebell/

AMAZING @Theoldguy1 !! Thanks for that!
  • djaxon1
    djaxon1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've made a couple of the concrete filled basketball types with the heat-bent pipe handles.
    To make them a bit heavier I used broken storage heater blocks as the aggregate.
    One weighs 20kg ,think size 7, and a slightly smaller one 15kg - I think this could have reached 16kg with care.