Protein powders and bars

Options
There was a time where I was super focused on hitting my protein goals every single day. At the time my goal was a lot higher because I was lifting heavy but I’ve lowered to make it more flexible and fitting of my current lifestyle. I try to get most of my protein from food sources but sometimes I need a little boost. I used to drink whey protein shakes and eat protein bars every day to supplement what I wasn’t getting with my meals. I did that for a little over a year and it was fine but recently I’ve developed a bad taste for it. The smell and taste of whey protein now makes me gag. I tried moving to plant based protein and collagen protein but I don’t really like those either. I’m still pretty good about getting protein from food sources but I would like to try using a powder or bar again. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    MyProtein.com is cheap and they have a boatload of flavors. They also sell samples, which might help you find one you like (cinnamon roll & mint chocolate are both solid).
  • AkademikFailure
    AkademikFailure Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Oxywhey (chocolate) kinda bland will try vanilla next for my after training and Rule1 Blue Chocolate fudge for my other shakes during the day and that's hit an miss each batch generally quite tasty
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I use to do the same thing and still have a huge supply of MyProtein and Muscle Milk chocolate powders and several boxes of Pure Protein bars, which were and still are my favorites, on hand.

Haven't lost the taste for then. Just don't have the same protein goals that I use to have anddon't need to consume them as much as I once did but I stll drink/eat tbem from time to time
  • audrianna4969
    audrianna4969 Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    MyProtein.com is cheap and they have a boatload of flavors. They also sell samples, which might help you find one you like (cinnamon roll & mint chocolate

I’ll check that out. Thanks for sharing. I used to love mint chocolate chip when I was making shakes. Never tried cinnamon roll. That sounds like it could be good.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like quest and PEScience, but they are both whey based powders. I also like quest bars but they are expensive.
    RxBars are pretty good, not as much protein, but also not whey-based. Lots of flavors available and some places even carry a variety pack.
    Pure protein bars are ok, price is reasonable, whey-based protein again. I only like the peanut butter and dark chocolate coconut flavors.