What is your longest streak of success?

Options
Just like the title says. What is your longest streak of days completely stayed within your calorie allowance?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    My allowance, if it is appropriately selected, is a guideline that is designed to push me towards my end goal.

As long as I don't push things too far and too often, I can and DO move outside the guidelines, and still get to where I want to be.

If I were to push too often, or if I were unwilling to ever push, then something would break.

My current streak of successfully managing my weight started on the day I discovered MFP, and logged my Caloric intake for the first time, November 20, 2014.

• lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Interesting & fun question.

My longest streak of 100 % calorie compliance since I started on June 9, 2019 was 36 days. Coincidentally, it was the first 36 days. I've never had that kind of bulldozer determination and moxie since the honeymoon month. In the first 6 months I did have several 15-ish day streaks, but over the last 5 months it's been rare for me to go more than 4-5 days without a caloric overage.

But I'm comfortable with that. Total bulldozer-like determination is impossible to do forever. I've learned if I don't over-obsess about compliance and hit, say, 2000 or 2200 now and then rather than my 1850 quota, I can maintain that pattern without binging. My weight loss has slowed down but so has my need to see daily progress on the scale. I'm losing about a lb a week now, vs the 2 lbs a week I was losing at first, but honestly I'm happier doing the 1 lb a week and wouldn't go back to 2.

The only rule I'm really hard-core about anymore is, no going over maintenance + exercise. For me that's usually 2700 and that is my line in the sand. I don't mind not losing weight for short stretches of time but I literally despise giving back any of my hard-earned progress. I did give back a few pounds in the early Quarantine days but managed to regroup and it really reinforced in my mind the need to be super hard core about the maintenance+exercise cutoff.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I maintained a loss of 50 pounds for 10 years.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight and have maintained for three years and have literally no idea, which is probably meaningful in some way.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Maybe like a week or two? I go over on calories more than I care to admit, sometimes by a lot. I think the key to success for most people, or at least for myself, is that you don't let that entirely derail you and you get back to it the next day.
    60 lbs down (initially, I'm up a decent amount because I'm pregnant but its within my doctor's recommended range so I'm not worrying about it) and I wanna say it took me like 9 or 10 months. It could have been much shorter than that, but its been sustainable for me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't really track anymore but pretty much since I joined here? I don't view one day in isolation. My calorie intake is always changing from one day to another, and I have lost, gained, maintained over time all according to my grand plan.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    My longest streak of days within my calorie goal is less than a week. I regularly have days that I go over. I'm super impressed by those of you who have long streaks of staying under your calorie limit!

But I'm still on my longest ever successful streak. I'm measuring my "success" as tracking everything I eat and my weight going in a downward trend. I'm at 2 years of consistently working at this.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I remained in the mid to low range of my bmi from 23 to about 42 ... so I guess I was remaining within my calories.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Twenty years. Then I started messing around with diets. Thought they were fun or amusing because everyone else was doing one. My latest streak is 5 years. It's taken that long to undo what dieting did. So much of a good relationship with food is mental. The brain will believe anything you tell it and if you tell it something long enough it takes awhile to unwind it.