Tell me I’m not too far gone.

Options
DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
edited May 2020 in Motivation and Support
Sometimes at my current weight I feel too far gone for this process. Of course I know it is up to me and me only but today I just need to hear other people did it. I don’t know how to lose weight without some form of depression starting it. In 2018 I had a bad regain after quitting smoking and getting help with my depression. What was your highest and current weight?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Of course you aren't to far gone. If you put in the effort and time you'll see results. My highest weight was 225 after having my daughter. Current weight 207-208. My goal weight 130-140. I'm mindful of my calories, try to exercise, don't follow fad diets or gimmicks. Weight loss is slow and steady.

You can do this!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My highest was 260, that was in 2001. I lost 90 lbs over 6 years and kept it off for 7 years. And the last 5 years or so, I've been as high as 220 and as low as 175. Right now I'm 195, was at 175 in December.

Sometimes it's hard and sometimes it's easy.. just like life.
  • beachbody4l
    beachbody4l Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You're not too far gone even though it feels like it. I feel the same way trying to lose weight I had lost years ago and having to re-do it aaaaall over again. It's tough as hell but we can do this!
  • RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I know exactly that feeling.....like it's not possible, and it won't work fur me! But after my first week on MFP and adhering to the logging everything and sticking to the calories slotted , plus 30 minutes walking a day...I'm down 2lbs this first week?
    So I guess it does work if you stick to it.
    You got this!!
  • WestCoasta84
    WestCoasta84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Sometimes at my current weight I feel too far gone for this process. Of course I know it is up to me and me only but today I just need to hear other people did it. I don’t know how to lose weight without some form of depression starting it. In 2018 I had a bad regain after quitting smoking and getting help with my depression. What was your highest and current weight?

You are definitely not too far gone. My highest weight was 171kg (im 175cm). Im down to 115kg. I did get down to 105 kg then got depression due to work and i went up to 120kg. I steeled myself, got a new job, and hit the reset button. Has taken me 4 years. It takes time, and *kitten* loads of self forgiveness. I remember stepping on those scales, i remember the long train ride home, and the thoughts of "holy fudge how am i going to do this? Can i do this?"
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am 5’2” The highest weight I recall was about 155lbs but as I gain weight I stop weighing myself frequently so it could have been more. I am 140lbs right now. I am working on getting to 130lbs. It has been a slow journey. The thing that really changed my mind set was finding a sense of community at the gym and enjoying my workouts.
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You got this girl!!!!

My highest weight has was literally two weeks ago. 273 pounds is my highest weight. From then until now I have lost 9 pounds!! I am doing it slowly not cutting too much out because that will set myself up for failure. I try to keep in my calories. The only thing I cut out has been soda! Add me if you want a friend to talk to on your journey :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Don't consider yourself too far gone...life is too long to think so little of yourself. Just think how long and miserable you life will be thinking your are worthless and that you have no control over your choices and habits.

• HangTough2020
    HangTough2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my highest at 236. I hate it so much.
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and my highest was 201. I'm currently at 192. I'm lowest before my kids was 130. U never gone too far if u realize and want to make a difference.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It’s never too late to start. Baby steps