Leftover calories

Hi everyone! I have 600 leftover calories for the day ! I’m not that hungry and I am thinking I might want to have something sweet, but I am worried it will ruin my progress. My friend told me you can eat whatever you want when you’re in a calorie deficit, but I still get paranoid something high in sugar or fat will set me back!

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Eat whatever you want within your calories. You can only be set back by calorie surplus
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    The only way eating something sweet will be a problem for weight loss is if you're one of the people who can't stop eating sweets, once you start eating sweets. Other than that, it's fine. I ate some while losing weight; lots of people here do.

Nutrition is important (for health rather than weight loss), but treats are fine sometimes. You'll lose weight if you hit the right calorie levels (of any food), and you'll be healthy enough (food wise) if you routinely get your essential/beneficial nutrients most days.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,725 Member
    Hi everyone! I have 600 leftover calories for the day ! I’m not that hungry and I am thinking I might want to have something sweet, but I am worried it will ruin my progress. My friend told me you can eat whatever you want when you’re in a calorie deficit, but I still get paranoid something high in sugar or fat will set me back!

I had 600 kcal left yesterday. I shared a tub of Ben & Jerry's with my BF, guilt free.
    I do this about once a week, hasn't stopped me from losing weight since I only do it when I have enough calories left.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member

If this happens occasionally and you dont want to eat anything else - don't.

if it happens regularly, then you do need to eat more.

probably not 600 calories of sweets per day every day if you are aiming for a nutritionally balanced diet (unless you have a very high calorie allowance)

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Every now and then I will end up with 600+ calories. Not often. But, I do ignore it. Except to say that I usually have a 110cal serving of ice cream after dinner which I skip if I am close to the daily allowance but don't skip if I end up with a lot of unused calories. But, doing the same things day in and day out is comforting for me. No drama.