Smart scale recommendations?

Options
Jackie9003
Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
I have an Ormron scale which does body fat, muscle mass etc but I'm thinking of upgrading to a wifi one so it will sync with Fitbit and MFP apps (I like gadgets and stats).

I've looked at Withings Body+ (Nokia) as that was on the apple site, and the Ormron Viva which would upgrade what I have,
Has anyone used either of them, or can you recommend a better one?
I'm in the UK and budget is about £100.

Thanks

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The body fat percentage info and all that other stuff is not even close to accurate, no scale you buy, even the one you have, regardless of price will be any different then another, so, whatever one fits your budget, however if your current scale works, spending 100 on a new one just for it to sync seems kinda costly, would be like buying a new fridge while the old one still works fine because the new one has an ice maker in the door lol
  • memoraki
    memoraki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I got the xiaomi Mi body composition 2 and it is really great. It provides full body composition and body balance data and it is cheap. Be careful not to mix it up with the xiaomi Scale 2 because apart from weight it doesn't provide any additional data
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    The body fat percentage info and all that other stuff is not even close to accurate, no scale you buy, even the one you have, regardless of price will be any different then another, so, whatever one fits your budget, however if your current scale works, spending 100 on a new one just for it to sync seems kinda costly, would be like buying a new fridge while the old one still works fine because the new one has an ice maker in the door lol

I know they're not accurate, but if they're consistant and give a trend then I'd be happy with that. Also I like gadgets and have saved money by not using my car for 2 months so if this keeps me motiviated to stay on plan I'm up for it lol
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I love my Withings Body+. I've had it about 6 months and it works great for me. The Health Mate app works well. Definitely highly recommend it.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I love my Withings Body+. I've had it about 6 months and it works great for me. The Health Mate app works well. Definitely highly recommend it.

Do you have it linked to MFP too?
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

It does link but I disabled it because I hated it constantly posting that I lost a fraction of a pound and people kept commenting on it. It never posts when you gain. The normal 1/2 lb up one day, down 1/2 next day, etc. It drove me crazy.
  • Jackie9003
    Options

It does link but I disabled it because I hated it constantly posting that I lost a fraction of a pound and people kept commenting on it. It never posts when you gain. The normal 1/2 lb up one day, down 1/2 next day, etc. It drove me crazy.

Ah yes, that would be annoying.
    Thanks for your response
  • carriebeary8
    carriebeary8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a renpho. Was $27 on Amazon and I like that it has a smart phone app that goes with it
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have a renpho. Was $27 on Amazon and I like that it has a smart phone app that goes with it

ETEK-CITY similar **kitten**, similar price... good 'nuff. Both are bluetooth connection... again good 'nuff. Can be configured to connect past that to Fitbit/google fit etc. Not sure about fruit based OS's. :lol:
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    If you must get such a scale then get one that actually offers support and not a no-name product as these things can be used to access your home network if the wifi/bluetooth security of the scale is not up to scratch.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    If you must get such a scale then get one that actually offers support and not a no-name product as these things can be used to access your home network if the wifi/bluetooth security of the scale is not up to scratch.

That didn't cross my mind, thanks for pointing that out.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options

Wi-fi: yes. BT? Not really. Consider the distances involved and what it would/could connect to.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Wi-fi: yes. BT? Not really. Consider the distances involved and what it would/could connect to.

Depends. My scale stands near the window in my bedroom, where everyone walks past. I can certainly use blutooth through the window and into the bedroom. But yes, it depends on the situation. Quite honestly, the only wireless hometech I have is my fitbit, my laptop/phone and a speaker that I never really use.