Needing MAJOR help and Motivation!!

Options
HELP! Ive hit a serious plateau and cant seem to break it. So far I have lost approx. 20lbs this year working towards my -30lbs loss before my wedding in October. I have not gained or lost more than 1-2lbs since the end of MAY! I do high intensity cardio 3x a week (Spin and kickboxing) and just recently (4 weeks ago) I have started personal training. I went from doing cardio 6x a week to now 3x with 2 days of weight training with a personal trainer. I recently had a 4 week evaluation and once again... the SCALE DID NOT MOVE. I have been keeping a track log on my diet (yes, with the occasional slip up because I am HUMAN). I AM happy to report that I dropped my body fat by about 2% so it sounds as if I am gaining muscle.

I am just very unmotivated and any type of feedback will help!!! I am 26years old and have always been very active with an "athletic build". I just dont know why I am having such problems losing the last 10lbs of fat I want to lose!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
    People will want to know your height and weight and calories you are consuming as well as looking at your diary to advise better.
    That being said, the last 10 pounds are the toughest.
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and weigh 175... size 8-10 jeans!

Trainer told me my recommended cal intake should be around 2000... but I thought that was too high. Even with that being said, I still have not been able to hit 2000 cals! I usually end my day anywhere btwn 1600-1800.... sometimes less! I usually burn 400-600 cals a day too for each work out I do.
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    I hate throwing my weight out there! LOL If only I had a doller each time someone told me "you do NOT look like you weigh 175".. I guess I have quite a bit of muscle. I have 10more lbs of fat to lose though!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I AM happy to report that I dropped my body fat by about 2% so it sounds as if I am gaining muscle.
    I just dont know why I am having such problems losing the last 10lbs of fat I want to lose!

Apparently you aren't having as much of a problem as you think.
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    Its hard for me not to see it as an issue since the scale is NOT moving... :sad:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within.

And get off the weight number....shift to BF%
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're actually doing alright if you lose BF% but stay the same weight. But if you want maybe try posting in this group and they can probably help give you some pointers (really great people):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    thanks... ill check it out! :wink:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau as well. I finally lost a pound this past week.... the last time I recorded a loss was the 8th of May. I did wonder if I would ever start losing again. I also am on my last 10 pounds. But since this is for life, I am not watching the calendar. You have done great so far. Your body will lose at the pace it wants to so keep at it and whatever you weigh on your wedding day, remember that it's much less than it was before you started. Continued success!

ETA - I am 5/6, weigh 158 and wear size 14 jeans. I envy you. ;)
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    I hit a plateau as well. I finally lost a pound this past week.... the last time I recorded a loss was the 8th of May. I did wonder if I would ever start losing again. I also am on my last 10 pounds. But since this is for life, I am not watching the calendar. You have done great so far. Your body will lose at the pace it wants to so keep at it and whatever you weigh on your wedding day, remember that it's much less than it was before you started. Continued success!

ETA - I am 5/6, weigh 158 and wear size 14 jeans. I envy you. ;)

Thank you for your advice. My fiancee finally hid the scale because I admin.. I am a chronic weigher! I would weigh myself 3-5x A DAY!!!!! I know. Sounds so silly now that I sit and think about it. Not to mention I would weigh myself the WORST TIMES... like after big meals. I havent weighed myself going on 2 weeks and I dont give a damn about that number anymore! lol

Aw.. and well thanks your making me feel good, but I dont worry about the number anymore (well trying not to atleast!) I would LOVE to be 158 so I envy you, too! :-P
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    maybe its time for a exercise break and eat where you are for a week, then when you start back up all your activity.. try eating 2000 calories as suggested by your trainer.. that is't too high.. it just sounds high cause you think you need to eat almost nothing to lose weight.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    HELP! Ive hit a serious plateau and cant seem to break it. So far I have lost approx. 20lbs this year working towards my -30lbs loss before my wedding in October. I have not gained or lost more than 1-2lbs since the end of MAY! I do high intensity cardio 3x a week (Spin and kickboxing) and just recently (4 weeks ago) I have started personal training. I went from doing cardio 6x a week to now 3x with 2 days of weight training with a personal trainer. I recently had a 4 week evaluation and once again... the SCALE DID NOT MOVE. I have been keeping a track log on my diet (yes, with the occasional slip up because I am HUMAN). I AM happy to report that I dropped my body fat by about 2% so it sounds as if I am gaining muscle.

I am just very unmotivated and any type of feedback will help!!! I am 26years old and have always been very active with an "athletic build". I just dont know why I am having such problems losing the last 10lbs of fat I want to lose!

You're not losing weight b/c you're gaining muscle - I'm quite confident about that! You even said you lost 2% bf. You're very close to your goal and that's a very difficult level you're at. And remember, muscles weigh way more than fat. How's your clothes fitting? How do you feel? Focus on the NSVs!

Good luck to you! And congrats on your marriage!! What's your personal trainer tell you? Maybe try to get a second opinion?
  • Amy01Liz
    Options
    maybe its time for a exercise break and eat where you are for a week, then when you start back up all your activity.. try eating 2000 calories as suggested by your trainer.. that is't too high.. it just sounds high cause you think you need to eat almost nothing to lose weight.

I understand that I need to eat more while training to fuel my body, but sometimes it hard for me to get all 2000 calories even after training... I know some days I may not be eating enough. And yeah you might be right about not doing anything for a week....:yawn: jk :)
  • Amy01Liz
    Options

You're not losing weight b/c you're gaining muscle - I'm quite confident about that! You even said you lost 2% bf. You're very close to your goal and that's a very difficult level you're at. And remember, muscles weigh way more than fat. How's your clothes fitting? How do you feel? Focus on the NSVs!

Good luck to you! And congrats on your marriage!! What's your personal trainer tell you? Maybe try to get a second opinion?

My clothes are fitting good... much better than they did when I was 20lbs heavier that is for dang sure! I feel good, except for the fact that I am starting to feel unmotivated. I feel unmotivated because I focus on that stupid scale. I hope after my next weigh in/ evaulation that I will just continue to see a decrease in my overall body fat. I will be happy with that!

Thank you very much. Married in a month and a half.... I feel it as taken me a long time to get where I am today. I remember getting on the scale and crying because I could never break 195lbs... and here I am FIGHTING to break 175. Such a familiar feeling, but I AM proud of myself and how far I have come!

Thank you all for your feedback, it really means so much to me! xoxo
This discussion has been closed.