Back on the Wagon but Weight Not Coming Off

Shortgirlrunning
Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
edited May 2020 in Motivation and Support
So I lost 50 lbs (yay) then fell off the wagon for a bit, gained a few lbs back, and am back on the wagon again. But the weight is just not coming off this time. I’m doing everything I did before. Counting calories, weighing everything, I workout 6 days a week, get 10,000 steps every day. I even ordered a new scale because after a month of nothing I figured it has to be the scale. Nope new scale gives almost exactly the same weight as the old one.

Please don’t tell me I must be weighing things wrong or eating more than I think. I’m not new to this. I lost 50 lbs by carefully weighing all of my food and counting every calorie. I’m doing the same thing now. I’m not expecting to lose 2 lbs a week. I know I’m closer to my goal weight so the progress will be slower but nothing in a month can’t be right when I’m still right at the top of the overweight range, almost obese BMI.

I feel like I need to make an appointment with my doctor but of course with the pandemic and quarantine, thats not really an option right now.

ETA: I only eat back my run calories. I don’t add calories for steps or strength workouts. I have my profile set to “not very active” and use that as my maintenance calories and eat about 400-500 calories less each day.