Options
Orlando23c
Orlando23c Posts: 42 Member
Working out to me is like therapy.

Replies

• WoodAndCastIron
    WoodAndCastIron Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Setting bite sized achievable micro-milestones I can reach each week. Just enough to see a little progress but not too far apart in case I don’t have the discipline to delay gratification.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Literally nothing.

Maybe seeing my 🍑 get flatter on the weekly. Yes. That. Weighted donkey kicks and lunges before 🥃 tonight.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The endorphins, getting faster and being responsible for my health...

Oh and I struggle to sit still.
  • WoodAndCastIron
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Literally nothing.

Maybe seeing my 🍑 get flatter on the weekly. Yes. That. Weighted donkey kicks and lunges before 🥃 tonight.
    Now that’s a visual!

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've been spending most of my days preoccupied with finding life's true meaning. Incorporating various methods of enlightenment via tantra, wild fungi, and Rocky films.
  • WoodAndCastIron
    Options
    Rocky and tantra ... awesome 😎
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Literally nothing.

Now that’s a visual!

Not sure which part but it’s lamentably accurate
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying the "thinking time" I get when I walk at night and staying in my goal (mostly). I wasn't before, which is why I quit so many times before.

I've also been enjoying the lighter mood and feeling less need for my anti-anxiety medication.

Motivational-wise, I am aiming for small goals. So, 10 lb. increments to work toward and small goals (like water intake). Add a new one each month and see how I do with establishing the habit. I'm hoping progress photos after every month will be useful, although in the past, they were nothing but depressing (my weight loss has always been... slow). Ugh.
  • Orlando23c
    Orlando23c Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I don't want to look like a mooshy marshmallow so I get myself to the gym
    Mooshy from where? Your on point and it's because you don't give up.🙂
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    When I see small gains nsv related.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    These days i have been motivated to simply avoid the QuaranFifteen that everyone is joking about gaining
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    when I was young, I wanted to lift prodigious poundage. So I packed on the weight and size to lift as much as possible in the powerlifts. Now that I'm older, I've dieted down. I eat right. I train to see how many pullups, situps and pushups I can do and see how healthy I can be and HOW LONG I CAN LIVE!!!
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm vain, and no one in my family or friend group does pole dancing, so I've been giving it a try. The improvement is stunning even after a week, and I want to be able to freestyle to music I love since my hubby won't dance with me.

It's such fun and a release of endorphins.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Vanity reasons...
    Seeing results keeps me motivated.

I hate working out and keeping fit🤷‍♀️ it’s not fun to me🤷‍♀️ if it wasn’t for vanity reasons I wouldn’t bother TBH, probably.
    Honestly I'm vain, and no one in my family or friend group does pole dancing, so I've been giving it a try. The improvement is stunning even after a week, and I want to be able to freestyle to music I love since my hubby won't dance with me.

Pole dancing looks like a lot of fun.
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Vanity reasons...
    Seeing results keeps me motivated.

I hate working out and keeping fit🤷‍♀️ it’s not fun to me🤷‍♀️ if it wasn’t for vanity reasons I wouldn’t bother TBH, probably.

Pole dancing looks like a lot of fun.

Yes, it's a lot of fun. I worked out at the gym before it was closed (reopening Monday) and I couldn't take not doing anything. The chin up bar and bodyweight exercises weren't cutting it. If you get the chance, try it!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Gains
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Money, cash, puppies.