Losing weight all over again

Options
I was a fat kid and weighed 190ish lbs in highschool. The summer after I graduated, I made a change and dropped down to 125. I maintained for a couple of years, then went to 160. I went back down to the 120s, and then I gained again back to the 160s. Then I lost again to the 130s. Now I'm 147 lbs and trying to lose weight all over again. I've been in this cycle for 8 years now. I'm so sick of it.

Can anyone relate? Tips on how to stay motivated?

Replies

• Haleym777
    Haleym777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep 2016 I was 225 got down to 168 and now I’m back at 185 idk what to do to jumpstart weight lost. I’m still running but idk if anything’s helping anymore. I guess I’d say don’t give up because starting from this point has to be easier than starting from our biggest point
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I'm curious on your height ..weight..and sex? You could be at a good weight weighing more than what you want. Is that possible? Sometimes we lose at very low end of our BMI and it is just hard to maintain..and a happy weight is 10 to 15 pounds heavier but still within your healthy BMI weight range.
  • adelaidaairapetian
    adelaidaairapetian Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm curious on your height ..weight..and sex? You could be at a good weight weighing more than what you want. Is that possible? Sometimes we lose at very low end of our BMI and it is just hard to maintain..and a happy weight is 10 to 15 pounds heavier but still within your healthy BMI weight range.

I'm 5'6, 147lbs and female. If I was in the 130s I'd agree that I was at a good weight, just heavier than I want.
  • adelaidaairapetian
    adelaidaairapetian Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep 2016 I was 225 got down to 168 and now I’m back at 185 idk what to do to jumpstart weight lost. I’m still running but idk if anything’s helping anymore. I guess I’d say don’t give up because starting from this point has to be easier than starting from our biggest point

In a way I think it was easier for me in the beginning when I was 190lbs. I was so much more determined. Now, I feel like it doesn't matter - even if I lose weight I'll probably gain it back eventually.
    It's so hard to keep doing what you're doing when you're not sure it's helping! Been there for sure. I regret every time I've stopped working out because I felt like it wasn't helping anymore. Stick with it!