Help point me in the right direction to burn fat/build muscle

Cages2Clouds
Cages2Clouds Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2020 in Getting Started
Hello, long story short for 2 months now I have been focusing on getting in better shape. I recently finished the whole 30 diet and have been working out 2 hours a day 3 days then rest day repeat with additional hour long bike rides or hikes here and there. So far I have lost 30lbs and probably need to lose another 45. What I want is to obviously burn fat but build muscle.

I would really appreciate information on a diet that helps support building muscle and burning fat along with any information you find pertinent.

There have been a couple times when despite eating healthier/working out I'll notice my weight go up a bit for a week then go back down, wondering if this is from building muscle or not having a strict enough diet.

My workout is 1+ hour of free weights similiar to the 5 3 1 program +BBB but with more exercises ex a series of arm workouts with dumbbells etc every day and situps now 300 half with 150lbs resistance and 1 hour of cardio in the form of a stationary bike. I have noticed not being able to increase the weight I do as regularly

Supplements: daily vitamin, D3, fish oil, B-complex, Trace Minerals Electrolyte Stamina, Trace Minerals Pre and Post workout (btw in regards to trace minerals pre/post I noticed there is no mention of protein in the ingredients, should I be using something else for muscle recovery?)

About 4-5 liters of water a day, 1 cup of black coffee in the morning

27, male, 6'0, 50-51 in shoulders and currently size 36 pants

Any help would be appreciated

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2020
    Eat in a slight deficit (250 calories), get adequate protein, and lift heavy (5/3/1 works). Then put on your patient pants. ;)

Your weight isn't static. It fluctuates due to water weight in your body, the amount of food moving through your system, hormonal reasons (if you're female), and all kinds of other reasons.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    I turned 35 lbs of fat into muscle. FR if you want and you can check out my food diary. It is always filled out.
  • knightmagic
    knightmagic Posts: 100 Member
    the best diet is one you can stick to long term. I tried too many diets over the years where it was like 2 months and then your done. this is a life long process. I now am a more modified paleo that works for me and gives me the results i want. Is mine good for you? maybe, maybe not. is yours better for me? maybe, maybe not. I love stronglifts 5x5 because it works for me and I enjoy it. There are several programs out there that are better but they might not be better for me. your doing great and i commend you! keep it up!
  • Cages2Clouds
    Cages2Clouds Posts: 4 Member
    KHMcG wrote: »
    I turned 35 lbs of fat into muscle. FR if you want and you can check out my food diary. It is always filled out.

That would be awesome, what is FR? Lol
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    KHMcG wrote: »

That would be awesome, what is FR? Lol

Friend Request
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    FR sent