Food tracker doesn't work?

Options
nad22x
nad22x Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm using the food tracker to monitor what I eat on this and I'm trying to make sure I get the RDA of vitamins etc but it doesn't register them! For example bran flakes is meant to be a good source of fibre but this says it doesn't have any?! Same with lots of things I know are high in vitamins?

Replies

• phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The database is a combination of things added by MFP, and things added by individuals (these entries have a * next to them). I find that when I'm eating something with a UPC code, I scan it with my smartphone and usually get the database entry that has the most information associated with it. If you're just using a computer and not a phone, you'll have to click on "nutrition information" (or something similar) to see if the additional information for that particular item are entered into MFP or not. If not, pick another one. It's annoying.

FWIW, I eat lots of fruits and veggies, but only seem to get my RDA if I take a multivitamin.
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you cant find one that is right you can make one your self, some times its easier and you now its correct:drinker: .
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Add the items to the database yourself and don't use what MFP already has.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    yes, people tend to enter the nutritional info that's relevant to them e.g. alot of things don't have the fibre value - you can correct existing members listings or create your own :)
This discussion has been closed.