I can't seem to lose any weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your helpful advice! I really appreciate it. :)

To clear a few things up:
    • I drink between 2-3 litres of liquid per day just naturally (water, herbal tea and a bit of black tea). I tend to let my thirst be my guide on this as much as possible. I don't believe drinking water is a weight loss cure-all, but I like to be hydrated.
    • In terms of calorie burn, I have an apple watch that I've worn pretty much every day for 4 years. I burn between 100-350 calories in a half hour workout session (higher end for something like HIIT, lower end for something like light yoga or flexibility work). I have a tough time getting my heart rate up, as I have a low resting heart rate (between 53-59bpm). My activity has changed slightly during quarantine, as I can't walk or dance nearly as much as I used to. To compensate, I've really been trying to focus on my home workouts, but it is a shift for me. I think that could mean that I have some inflammation or water retention going on.
    • I don't eat back my exercise calories, as I usually assume there might be some sort of counting error and the margins already seem razor thin. The only time I add a little extra in (50-100 calories) is if I've done one of my heavier workout sessions. I also eat between 1200 and 1300 per day with the goal of losing 1lb per week.
    • I've tried eating higher calorie for weight loss, but it hasn't worked for me. I gained about 8lbs when I did 1800 calories for 1 month and another 3lbs when I tried 1600 for another month. This was when I was working with a plant-based dietician. She didn't seem to understand why and neither did I...