Running...With stuff

So when i go for a walk, i always take phone, house keys and asthma puffer. Which is fine I have a little bag that fits it in nicely.
But what about drink bottle? I take one along with me, but then I just walk because I feel awkward whilst running with it.
I dont do massive walks 5-10kms at a time.

How do you all go about running with a drink bottle?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don’t typically bring water with me unless I’m going 6+ miles. For 5-10 km I’d just drink before I leave and drink when I get back. But there are lots of options for carrying water.

I typically wear a flip belt and they make sort of bend-y water bottles that fit into it. They make all sort sort of water belt things.

I’ve also seen people that run with some sort of glove that I guess helps them carry the water in their hand.

You could wear a hydration pack. I only do this one for hiking.
  • CinqueFit
    CinqueFit Posts: 19 Member
    I bought a running fanny pack that has slots for a few things like cash, ID, keys etc. It also comes with a water bottle that I feel is usually enough for a run.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Ditto to over 6 miles, then I'll bring a small bottle in hand carrier and switch hands. Designed for running.

But under 6 just confirm I'm well hydrated well before I start. I know I can drink after. Not a problem even though I sweat profusely.
  • ChookiesJourney
    ChookiesJourney Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for your comments everyone. Maybe I drink alot of water. My water bottles are all around the 700ml mark and I drink atleast one of them. Today I did 12.5km and drunk 2
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Do you drink because you're thirsty or your mouth is dry, or because you think you need the water? How warm is it where you are?
  • ChookiesJourney
    I feel like i need a drink cause my mouth gets dry. It's coming into the cooler months here (australia) was around 25 degrees Celsius when i did my 12.5km
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I use a belt I got from REI that has 2 pockets for keys and things and a water bottle holster with a water bottle that hold about 24 ounces. It's easy and convenient for longer walks, runs and bike rides and leaves your hands free.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I always carry water. I have a handheld bottle with a strap on it to help keep hold of it while running. There is a pocket attached, which provides space for glucose tablets (as a T1D, I need these in case of hypoglycemia) and keys. The one I've been using most is made by Amphipod, but I have some made by Nathan as well.

For my phone, I have an arband case. It's just a cheap brand that I got off of Amazon, but it works.

I also use a Nathan Hipster for anything else I need to carry, like my glucometer / lancet / test strips during races, medications and extra sugar for hypoglycemia, extra sunblock for longer runs, etc.

Here is a close-up from a marathon in Feb. where you can see all of these things:
    ivtts32ylv8e.jpg
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Dislike the weight and switch hands frequently but it can be a necessity.

Nathan is a great brand. I can fit my phone and some nutrition in a handheld. I have several but these are my favorites:

https://www.nathansports.com/collections/hydration/products/speedshot-plus-insulated-flask

https://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-Handheld-Quick-Flask-Atomic/dp/B077V4QRJL/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=handheld+water+bottle+running&qid=1589729306&sr=8-13
    Couldn’t find my exact one but similar idea to the camelbak
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    I’ve also started running with my phone in the front of my sports bra. It actually works well if I wear something tight fitting. And the volume is right there : )
  • ChookiesJourney
    Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. Took a small backpack with me last time because i picked up stuff from the markets but ill keep using trial and error to see what works for me.