52 with lots to lose and even more to gain

I'm 52 and working on losing the 90 pounds that I've regained. I lost almost 100 pounds 15 years ago. I know it can be done but it's definitely harder this time around. Looking for friends to chat with, motivate and share life stories. With the COVID 19 pandemic, I'm working from home. It's just me and hubby. I'm a social person so I'm really missing human interaction.

Replies

• alabastermama
    alabastermama Posts: 45 Member
    Hi @MsJinkerz!

I’m 3 weeks from 55 with at least 100 lbs to lose. I’ve lost as much as 35 lbs and then regained it back plus over the past 30 years getting as high as 282 lbs. I’ve managed to lose 19.6 lbs during this quarantine and am determined to not give up this time. I do t follow a diet and I don’t exercise regularly but I count calories and take in no more than 1240 calories/day. I’m new to the MFP forums but not to MFP itself.

You’re welcome to add me as a friend and view my food diary.

Welcome!
    Angela in Alabama
  • MsJinkerz
    MsJinkerz Posts: 10 Member
    Hi @alabastermama
    I'm not new to mfp either. I've used it on and off for years. I tried WW and it works but it's not something I want to do for the rest of my life. I need to find balance with food. I'm currently on around 1600 calories on mfp. I don't exercise on a regular basis but working on it. I know from past experience, I felt better with exercise, lost weight better and had better shape. My highest weight was 238, (15 years ago), currently 212-215. My lowest was 125. I don't currently have an end goal in mind. Oh and I'm only 5 foot tall.

I sent a friend request. Thank you.