Readjusting calories.. lower than 1200?

Options
LS230321
LS230321 Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone,

I have now lost 11lb since the NY with this app.. it’s coming off slowly but staying off. But now, I’m not losing anymore and I have around a stone to go.
I read that you have to adjust your calories but:

A) How?
B) I don’t really want to go below my current 1200 allowance as I don’t really see that as being healthy?

Thank you.

Replies

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The other thing you could look at is increasing cal out - exercise :-)
  • LS230321
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Yes, my default was 1200 calls but MFP calculated a 1lbs a week loss?
    I do have digital food scales and have been logging and weighing EVERYTHING since I started, so I’m at a loss as to how to continue losing.

Thanks
  • LS230321
    Options
    I see what you mean!
    But I’m really at a loss as to how I could be miscalculating.. I’m scanning every barcode, measuring and weighing everything, liquids, oils etc. My Fitbit is tracking my exercise too.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    LS230321 wrote: »
    I see what you mean!
    But I’m really at a loss as to how I could be miscalculating.. I’m scanning every barcode, measuring and weighing everything, liquids, oils etc. My Fitbit is tracking my exercise too.

What are the calories when you change to .5 lbs a week, which is healthy weight loss for how much you are trying to lose?
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    check yourself too- I have recently found that later in the night- after I have stopped loggin- i would findmyself eating a "little" someting- and now i see whereit has been adding up to more than a little something- so check and be sure that you prelog everything- every BLT(bite, licl and taste- smile)
  • missuswife
    missuswife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don’t have data to back this up, but sometimes when I hit a plateau, if I actually raise my calories for a week and then go back down, I start losing again. I also make sure I’m drinking at least 2 liters of water per day, and am aware of where I am in my cycle. Sometimes I’ll lose nothing for a few weeks and then randomly lose like three pounds. Bodies are weird.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Yes, my default was 1200 calls but MFP calculated a 1lbs a week loss?
    I do have digital food scales and have been logging and weighing EVERYTHING since I started, so I’m at a loss as to how to continue losing.

Thanks

Start by resetting MFP to .5 per week.
    Then open up your diary and ask for feedback on your logging. We have done very sharp eyes in here.
  • CoffeeandHumblePie
    CoffeeandHumblePie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Have you considered upping your calories a couple days a week? It might wake up your metabolism.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I see what you mean!
    Definitely double check the barcode info - I have a 50/50 or less success rate for the information that pops up using that approach. And weigh even prepackaged items because they can be way off (good in that you get more bang for your buck, not good for calorie tracking).

• LS230321
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the replies - very helpful!
    I changed to 0.5 loss per week and cals increased to 1320 per day.

Current height and weight is 5ft 3/9.1lbs.
    I’ve lost 11lbs since the New Year and been stuck at this weight for 2 months now! Initially I put it down to my cycle, but I guess that’s not it! 😂
    My original weight loss was gradual though, it wasn’t very quick at all.

I will be more stringent and see if it is in fact, me! If still no joy, I’ll open up my logging to you all for strict criticisms - I’m getting married in March so need to get over this hump!

Thank you.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    As someone who is vertically challenged like me, you really have very little room for error when you get to those last pounds. I know it may be quite confronting to do but making your diary public could help us work out some common logging errors. We know as we have been there, done them and learned from our mistakes. It can include incorrect entries chosen, using cups to measure solids, not properly checking food labels (including serving sizes), not weighing prepackaged food which is often heavier than indicated on the label, thinking that the prepackaged food is 1 serving when it is actually 2.....

These small things may not hinder weight loss for many, but for some they can make a huge difference.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the replies - very helpful!
    I changed to 0.5 loss per week and cals increased to 1320 per day.

Current height and weight is 5ft 3/9.1lbs.
    I’ve lost 11lbs since the New Year and been stuck at this weight for 2 months now! Initially I put it down to my cycle, but I guess that’s not it! 😂
    My original weight loss was gradual though, it wasn’t very quick at all.

I will be more stringent and see if it is in fact, me! If still no joy, I’ll open up my logging to you all for strict criticisms - I’m getting married in March so need to get over this hump!

Thank you.

I think your stats got mistyped here. Are you 5ft, or 5 foot 3in? And can you repost your weight?