New to all this need help

Options
Hi I’m from The GTA in Ontario Canada.
I am looking to lose about 150lbs total. The doctor recently told me that my health is at serious risk and I am pre diabetic. I started logging this week and I’m hoping to keep it up. Please add me if you’re in a similar situation.

Replies

• khammond2016
    khammond2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in similar situation. I have 142 lbs. To lose. This is day 1.

Some of my history: I have been gaining weight since my first pregnancy at age 19. I have been successful at taking weight off only short term. The best I have done was almost 10 years ago, I took off 90 lbs. And kept it off for about 1 year. Each time I lose weight I gain it back plus more. My husband did not have a bad weight problem while he was away from home driving truck. But now that he lives and works from home he also is now very over weight. We are bad for each other when it comes to eating healthy, making this harder.

At this time, both of us are very unhealthy and limited physically by our weight. I am 55 and can barely get up and down stairs let alone go do things I would like to. I now know what it means to be trapped in my own body. I want to change this starting today.

If I can figure out how to do it, I am going to join the summer challenge on here, you might want to also.

Karen