Quarantine Motivation

Options
masdec7
masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
So.... I decided to post here to help me in my weight loss journey. I was doing very good until this quarantine thing happened. Over the month and a half that I have been working from home, I've gained back 30 of the 50+ pounds I lost before.

I don't know about you, but changing my routine really did a number on me. I learned that I have at least another month and a half before I can go back to work. I need to make a new routine that does not include eating from stress, boredom, etc.

I got board with the same old exercises and had no motivation to get up and work out. So, I decided this weekend to bring back an oldie but goodie in exercise. I purchased Richard Simmons's Sweating to the Oldies videos. It may seem goofy today, but he got results.

Between getting back to a healthy eating plan and reviving my exercise routine, I plan to get off the weight I put on. If I can put it on in a month, I can get it off in a month.

I hope this time hasn't been as rough on you as it has on me.

Start weight: 257.8 (7/21/2018)

Current weight: 237 (5/18/2020)

Short term goal: 207 (by 7/6/2020)

Goal Weight: 145

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm up about 15lbs since mid March. I used to be on my bike all day, walked up at least 40 flights of stairs, plus the gym. (My part time job was cat sitting). And before last week, I was a slug.

I've gone back to logging my food again and trying to keep busy. Yesterday was agony as it rained all day. I've also started Jillian Michaels workouts and a bit of walking or bike riding each day. And I downloaded a pedometer. Wow, thats an eye opener.

I love me some old school richard Simmons. Dance those pounds away!!

No progress yet on the scale, but mentally, I'm better than a few weeks ago.

Stress/boredom calories are the worst!
    Good luck. I think my stay at home will likely go til June 30th as well.
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well, it’s helpful to see I am not the only one who’s gained weight during the quarantine. I’m up 7 since March , and about 20 since last May. I’d lost 25 and was feeling good about things. I’m dealing with the stress by eating ice cream and drinking wine! So I weighed myself today and will get my self back on track.