Back at it - cautiously

Options
skymningen
skymningen Posts: 532 Member
Hi everyone!

I used to be very active here in summer/autumn 2017 but had to stop using MFP, because my calorie counting got so excessive that I kept losing weight even though I was already a little underweight. I had an illness for 3 weeks that caused me to lose more weight fast and decided to not go back to MFP after that, because I could not risk to lose more. I also stopped exercising and going to the gym regularly, and now I am here, 2 1/2 years later, with a finished PhD, in a different country (moved from Germany to the UK), living with my partner who is not into fitness or healthy eating at all and at a very low point both in my mental (has been a problem before, hence the obsessive calorie counting) and physical health.
I decided I need to take things in my hand and get back to fitness. I bellydance once a week, I started to do some very easy workouts with the FitOn app and I just finished my first run of couch to 5k (after failing to finish it yesterday).

I think I need to eat more, at least more protein and fat (my love for carbohydrates is a long standing one) to have the energy to go ahead with my plan of building muscle and a bit of endurance. I added my meals today to MFP, but I will not start actually weighing everything out like I did before, so it doesn't become obsessive and also I just do not have the time right now. So portions will be eyeballed (however I got quite good at this last time, when I was eating out for example), but I anyway don't want to focus on calories and instead focus on getting a better macro balance and properly fuelling my body.

I can use any help you have, also for working out in high temperatures (our apartment heats up like crazy now) and getting fit and healthy without getting obsessive about it.
I am not sure groups are particularly active on here now? Are there any nice, active groups you would suggest for me to join?

Replies