Fit@50

Options
alan9217
alan9217 Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2020 in Motivation and Support
How often do we acknowledge smarter food intake and increased movement provide the launchpad to success... ? Over the past 35 years I have struggled with my food relationship and health issues threaten to derail my journey ... this was me last year... turned 50 in June and by December ‘ nudged ‘ 17 stones... 2 nd of January 20 ... I looked at my sock
And wondered how much huffing and puffing I would need to get it on ... I’m 5’9” and my waist band was 41 inches ...bolt of lightning moment and we were off .” Increased motion - MFP to record my food - change my perception of food as a fuel .. I had never lasted more than 2 weeks of this positive flush ... this time however - 9 inches lost from my waist - 3 stones ditched and fitness increasing ... yesterday completed 100 miles of running in May with my son .. 5 months in this positive unstoppable force is forging ahead .... blood pressure controlled and health benefits too numerous to mention.. can’t put my finger on the change .. but this feels good !!!

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and went through a similar journey. Friend Request sent. Congrats!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story. Thanks for sharing.. the sock thing confused me at first, then I got it. I've been there too.
  • alan9217
    alan9217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Apologies, I should have been described it better 💪