Mixing this app with intermittent fasting

Options
so I am now using this app to monitor my calorie intake so I can lose weight its really been great . And now I am using this app during my intermittent fasting. Has anyone eles tried that and have u been successful at losing weight doing so??

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have done IF for most of my adult life (I don’t eat until later in the day as I’m just not hungry in the AM). I gained all the way up to morbidly obese on IF and lost a bunch of weight too. I have logged all my food on mfp for years.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Sure, just log your food. You may set your meals "food before eating window" (so you will be able to see if you eat before your window often) "during eating window", and "food after eating window" - you may further break up the middle category further into meals and snacks or what have you.

I've used this app to lose eating 6x a day, and now I'm doing IF, just log your food.
  • linneabrown22
    linneabrown22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I do what u suggested as far as set up my window??
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I do 17:7 (noon to 7 pm) and haven't had an issue tracking food in MFP. Actually, I'm not sure why there'd be an issue at all.

I did set up my diary to have a 4th meal category for "Evening Snack". This category contains everything that's outside the eating window, and thus shows me the days when I'm not sticking strictly to the IF schedule. Example of one of these days:

6bzn22pdbcfo.jpg

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    How do I do what u suggested as far as set up my window??

Under Settings - Diary Settings - Meal Names.

Be aware that how you set it up now will have forward effects - like if you ever start syncing to a 3rd party activity tracker on site.

Other site may not call it the name MFP gave it - they may be hard coded that first in list is breakfast, ect.

But that 3 time-period method can still work well.