Friends = Encouragement, Support, a Kick in the butt....

Options
Hey! A kick in the butt is what we all need sometimes, and what I need MOST times! Haha! I'm a 24 year old female, teacher... what this means is when I start back in August I come home everyday exhausted and lacking motivation!!! So looking for friends to help out with the journey when it seems easier to give up! So anyone up for this? We can do it together! :) Thanks and look forward to hearing from ya!

Replies

• monikers01
    Options
    Hey I need encouragement as well. I am 26, a nurse...I work nights. I have just started up doing this myself...

I usually feel so exhausted from working all night, that I never want to go to the gym or yet even cook a meal.UGH. When did you start?
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :happy: Sure I will help you out. I knwo exactly how you feel i work as a teacher assit. I will will more than happy to help push you. When school is back in Aug. i will go straight to the gym after work for at least 1hr or more. Lets do this...:happy:
  • Tammysjourney
    Options
    Hey, I'm a 40 year old teacher, and I totally know your fears. I worry everyday that I wont have the energy to work out like I am now, when I have to go back to work. It's easy to put in an hour a day at the gym now, because I'm not chasing 20 kids around all day long. When I go back to work in august, will I still feel up to working out like I know I need to? Maybe we can push each other.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 year old teacher and I hear ya! I'm never motivated. Plus I have depression and let that overwhelm me very often
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    When you start back working, I would suggest you really consider waking up earlier to work out in the morning. You may have more energy throughout the day and when you get home, you can relax and not feel plagued by the thought of "I need to work out".
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are in the same boat!! It's always been on my mind (losing weight, looking and feeling healthier), but I finally woke up the 28th of June and was like this is it!!! I'm making the change!!!! So I've only been on the journey/this site for a little over 3 weeks... and it's already a huge struggle some days, so the more encouragement and support... the better, I think!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    You're off to a great start! I agree with another poster, I do better if I get up earlier and get my workout done before work. By the time I get home I'm worn out and have to really talk myself into it.
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm a 46 year old teacher who starts back on Aug. 2nd. I am worrying about the same things. I know I am already planning meals. I will pack a light lunch and light snacks for work. Right now I get up before 6 and walk 2 miles and then do the elliptical. That isn't even a possibility once school starts. I have to be at work for 7, after getting 3 boys and my hubby up and ready for work. The elliptical is in our bedroom, so it would wake up my husband. I am already starting to add in another walk at night. My husband had heart surgery last year, and he is supposed to walking daily. I don't like it as much, but it motivates both of us. I will also move the elliptical time to the evenings. And yes, I will take any support and kicks in the rear to keep me motivated.