Help from Diabetics and/or spouses

Options
lynettekay1957
lynettekay1957 Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2020 in Recipes
My husband and I are both Type 2 Diabetics. He is a picky eater and somewhat suspicious of new foods.

I have mobility issues and prefer to keep meals as simple as possible.

I'd love to hear about your favorite, Diabetic-friendly, easy to prepare meal. My housekeeper comes once per week and enjoys cooking. Make ahead meals are awesome!!!

Thank you all in advance.

🌸 🌹 🌺 Lynette

Replies

• Catlessi41
    Catlessi41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    - baked cut up vegetables with simple olive oil, salt and pepper
    - chicken fried in olive oil with frozen veggies and simple seasonings
    - stuffed peppers or stuffed tomatoes with minimal to no rice
    - Vegan Irish Stew (like beef stew almost)
    - Swap bread for Wasa bread, a Scandinavian cracker-like bread (Can probably find by cookies if you are American)
    - swap rice for brown rice
    - swap regular pasta for whole grain or high fiber (high fiber white pasta by barilla is the best, can hardly tell the difference)
    - pizza made with whole grain thin crust
    - bake a whole chicken with a side of veggies. Eat more of the chicken later! :hushed:
    - Tacos with whole wheat tortillas or make as a salad for even less carbs

Hope that helps. I will friend request you as well.
  • harndenn
    harndenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found a good low carb flour tortilla at Walmart. It’s great for everything. I’ve used it like pizza crust and of course soft tacos. 3 total carbs 50 calories each. If your like me you don’t like to feel deprived all the time. I also love Berry Medley at Sams for a low sugar snack.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    This is all kinds of boring, but it fits the bill: Baked chicken and steamed broccoli is a staple here. We are both prediabetic and I do not want to take metformin for the rest of my life. Cube steak, which is lean, and green beans on the side is another frequent one here. Or an omelette with onions and peppers and a garden salad on the side. Make sure there isn't hidden sugar in the dressing.