insanity-cardio abs/pure cardio

Options
Just wondering how everyone did these two workouts on Insanity. Cardio Abs first and then Pure cardio?? I"m not sure I can do anything after finishing pure cardio. LoL. I am set to do both tomorrow morning. It will be the first time doing cardio abs, so i'm not sure what to expect! Thanks!

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I always do Pure Cardio & then Cardio Abs. It's perfectly fine to do Abs first though, and you will probably find that you get more out of it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You burn more calories doing strength training (or resistance training) before cardio so I would say do the abs first, then pure cardio. I've never done the program, though, so I don't know how much the two differ from each other!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Two days ago I had to do pure cardio and cardio abs.
    I did Pure Cardio first to get me pumped up - Cardio Abs is short. I thought it was going to be as long as the other dvds.
  • fitmomto2
    fitmomto2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways. I got more out of the abs wrkout when I did it first. Like you said, Pure Cardio is intense!
  • s_perdue
    s_perdue Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!! I think for the first time I will do the abs first, then cardio... We'll see how it goes! All I know is I'm just finishing week 2 and already have some nice definition in my core and shoulders!!! now if I could just shave a few inches off hips and thighs!!! hopefully that's to follow. :)

Cina04 - it sounds like you are just a few days ahead of me. How are you liking the program? having good results? struggling with any particular dvd?
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!! I think for the first time I will do the abs first, then cardio... We'll see how it goes! All I know is I'm just finishing week 2 and already have some nice definition in my core and shoulders!!! now if I could just shave a few inches off hips and thighs!!! hopefully that's to follow. :)

Cina04 - it sounds like you are just a few days ahead of me. How are you liking the program? having good results? struggling with any particular dvd?

I like it! On the rest days I feel weird not doing a work out (yesterday I went for an hour and 20 min walk for my rest day) No major weight loss drop (might be the way I'm eating and not drinking enough water) but i can see my body trimming down. I posted a blog of my day 1 & day 11 belly pics to compare and you can see a difference. The next day I compared my back from day 1 and day 12 (which I need to post up)

just finished fitness test # 2! I didn't look at my test 1 results because I didn't want to force an extra set just because I wanted a higher number. It's the cardio abs I have issue w/ because I had 2 csections just a year apart so my mucles a very weak. Next time I'm going to try cardio abs first and see how i do